Important Note: Hiring for this position is contingent to approval by the Donor which is expected by the end of October 2020
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 20 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 40 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health, and livelihoods for displaced, poor, and disaster-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and is currently present in 4 provinces including Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and the newly Merged Districts of KP – Ex Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
Under the supervision of the Sr. Cash Program Manager, the Cash transfer officer primary responsibility will be to support and assist IRC Pakistan Cash Transfer project in the distributions of cash to the project beneficiaries
· Support the Sr. Cash Transfer manager in the implementation of the program activities related to the transfer of cash to the beneficiaries
· Support the field teams in the identification and assessments of the cash grant beneficiaries of the project
· Prepare payments sheets of the beneficiaries for payments through the banks or other distribution mechanisms
· Facilitate the disbursement of cash transfers
· Keep records and manage documentation of all the transactions and related documents
· Keep track records of the payments
· Develop and share reports of the transactions to the senior managers
· Compute and record totals of transactions
· Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
· Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
· Any other assignment which is given by the Supervisor
Position Reports to: Sr. Manager Cash Transfer
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: None
· Master degree in social sciences, business, accounting, rural development or related fields
· At least 3 year of field related experiences in cash transfers with I/NGOs
· Experience of working with mobile companies and banks for cash transfers with I/NGOs
· Experience of working with livelihoods and cash transfer projects
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to work as part of the team
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills
· Strong commitment to social justice, promoting gender awareness and equality
· Good community participation skills -
· Ability and willingness to travel away from home and stay in the field
· Excellent computer skills in MS office specially spreadsheets
· English, Urdu and local languages
The IRC Core Values and Commitments
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Less frequent direct contact with children
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates, minorities and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More