Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The Communications and reporting will be leading on information and communications needs in line with the IRC’s SAP, Strategic and Programmatic requirements. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Communications and reporting officer will work closely with country office program staff to collect, analyze and share information and communicate the IRC’s work to key stakeholders internally (e.g. HQ, Region, Country Office programs etc.) and externally (e.g. donors, beneficiaries, partners, relevant government institutions, wider public etc.)
The Communication and Reporting officer will mainly be responsible for documenting overall progress, lessons learnt, case studies, developing communication material with internal and external key stakeholders, preparing donor briefs, supporting the development of advocacy briefs/material, supporting in designing and implementing information/awareness raising campaigns and preparing the internal periodical reports for TEACH project (integrated project to respond to TDPs needs). This position requires a very frequent and close coordination with all key program staff within IRC and externally with implementing partners, clusters, government authorities and other NGOs. The position will work closely with all relevant key program staff in the field and at country office while reporting to Team Leader.
· Develop and maintain internal information & communication policies and protocols in consultation with relevant focal points at Country office, HQ
· Build the capacities of key program staff on documenting success stories, case studies, media write-ups, press releases etc.
· Develop the project strategy to use social media as means to positive project IRC’s work in the country in consultation with and guidance from the IRC’s country office, Regional Office and HQ
· Field visits to learn and understand the contexts and documenting pieces of work which can/should be shared widely
· Assist in the research and writing of briefing and training materials
· Respond to internal information requests from staff in international offices, partners and donors in consultation with respective program staff/supervisor
· Prepare briefing packs for donor and other visitors to IRC response activities in the field, as necessary Track, research and analyze information on key areas of interest as per the programmatic requirements or assignment otherwise by the supervisor/country management
· Advise the IRC’s Senior Management on innovative means and ways of communicating internally as they respond to staff’s mutual concerns, issues, announcements etc.
· As needed, research and writing of briefing materials and advocacy papers in coordination with the Country office Media and communication focal person and Regional Advocacy Office
· Transform reports/updates gathered from program implementation teams/partners into effective and useful information and disseminate efficiently to key relevant stakeholders
· Assist in planning and delivering various capacity building initiatives planned in addition to information dissemination/ awareness raising campaigns for IRC broadly
· Draft internal progress reports, presentations and updates as per donor’s and IRC requirements with highest quality standards
· Produce high quality case studies and document the learning as shared in different forums or highlighted during course of project implementation
· Liaise with other sectors and IRC program teams to ensure that all relevant colleagues including Team Leader, Project support unit and SMT members have updated information
· Attend all relevant and other Program Coordination Meetings
· Liaising with different NGOs, INGOs, UN Organizations and Govt.
· Support Team Leader in administration & organizing meetings;
· Contribute to overall project support regarding internal/ external communication with partners with least supervision
· Writing and editing high quality analytical reports, publications, website content and taking minutes during meetings
· Writing of different high quality progress & analytical reports, workshop reports, grants report, interim reports
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Team Lead Position directly supervises: N/A
· Masters degree in Social Sciences, Management & Information Sciences, Mass Communications or equivalent
b) Work Experience:
· At least 02 years of relevant work experience
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent reporting writing skills in English
· Sound skills and experience of designing and implementing awareness and advocacy campaigns
· Fluent spoken English & Urdu
· Excellent communication and analytical skills
· Proficient in qualitative analysis and documenting them into high quality analytical reports
· Computer skills including MS- Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities;
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to meet short deadlines.
· Willingness to work long hours and on week-ends if required by the emergency assessment.
· Knowledge of research methods
· Ability to work under pressure
· Fluent in Urdu and English speaking/writing skills along with local languages
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.