Important Note: Hiring for this position is contingent to approval by the Donor which is expected by the end of October 2020
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 20 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 40 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health, and livelihoods for displaced, poor, and disaster-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and is currently present in 4 provinces including Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and the newly Merged Districts of KP – Ex Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
Under the supervision and guidance of Senior Manager Measurement and effectiveness, the Database Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of the program information, design and development of data entry forms, design and development of database and create info graphics against M&E log frame indicators and according to the requirement of program components also coordinate and facilitate the MIS team of partner organization.
The position will work with all relevant stakeholders of respective program to ensure an effective, efficient, and functional MIS is in place, and overall data management and analysis of program.
Management and supervision
Data Analysis / Development:
Management / Supervision:
Key Working Relationships:
· Position Reports to: Head of Office KP/Senior Manager Measurement and effectiveness
· Position directly supervises: None
· Indirect Reporting: Sr. MEAL Manager/MEAL Coordinator/Program Leads
· Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Masters or BS in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Statistics or in any other relevant discipline.
· 4-5 years of experience in data analysis, database development, specifically in NGO sector experience is plus.
Designed & Developed EMIS systems particularly using dot net technologies
· Experience of measuring impact of emergency cash transfer programs.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Strong analytic skills and high-level understanding of statistical data (e.g., statistical analysis, social science research, programme evaluation), ability to recognise, interpret and synthesize patterns in data
· Ability to and experience of driving and project managing an impact measurement programme or analogous programme in a large sized organization with limited oversight
· Willingness to work under pressure and stressful situations without minimal supervision and without compromising on deadlines or quality
· Strongly resilient to unfavourable situations
· Working knowledge of statistical analysis tools and software such as NVIVIO, SPSS/STATA highly desirable
· Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Good written and spoken English and Urdu skills; local language skill will be a plus.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates, minorities and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More