The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 30 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 39 years, and manages and delivers large complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works across Pakistan.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director and technical supervision (Management in Partnership) of Regional Safety & Security Director, the Deputy Director Security & Business Continuity (S&BC) will be responsible for overall security matters and business continuity aspects of IRC Country program. The position will also contribute and support in advancing the agenda of staff wellbeing in consultation and collaboration with the HR and Duty of Care colleagues. Major focus of this role is to enable the country program and its staff to securely and safely deliver programs in a complex environment, and to proactively identify deficiencies and risks. The position will be part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) of the country program and will contribute in the growth of IRC’s overall profile and portfolio in the country by devising and employing efficient and effective strategies and policies to ensure operational continuity as well as timely delivery of programs with minimum disruptions.
The Deputy Director Security & Business Continuity will perform major responsibilities outlined under three key areas below:
Safety & Security
Apart from the above mentioned responsibilities, the post holder will also carry out any other relevant task assigned by the supervisor in consultation with the post-holder.
Education: University Degree
Work Experience: Relevant overall experience of 10+ years, with at least 5-7 years of security and safety management experience in complex and volatile environments, preferably with INGOs
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Security professional with NGO and/ or UN security background
• Highest moral and professional integrity
• Broad understanding of the work of the IRC in the humanitarian context
• Ability to work under pressure in an unstable security environment
• Able to handle sensitive information with strict confidentiality
• Able to maintain impartiality and neutrality in all aspects of his/her work
• Good convincing and influencing skills;
• Good computer skills
• Understanding of country’s legal frameworks
• Experience in comprehensive security management
• Proven level of technical security expertise
• Demonstrated coaching, training and capacity building skills
• Demonstrated initiative and pro-active problem-solving skills
• Understanding and familiarity of business continuity and resilience approaches and standards
• Understanding of Duty of Care approaches and elements of staff wellbeing
• Fluency in English and Urdu oral & written communication
• Familiarity with other local languages preferable
Certificates or Licenses:
• Professional certifications and diplomas in security management related fields preferred
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More