Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 39 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: Finance Coordinator- Projects will be responsible for the overall financial management of various donor grants. This position will assists the Country’s Finance Controller in effective financial management of project grant to facilitate smooth implementation of the projects.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the financial management, operations and reporting of projects in accordance with IRC policies and donor regulations. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ensure the planning and delivery of the substantive project activities by the Projects Team are in complete harmony with the financial requirements of IRC polices and donor requirements.
2. Collaborate with Program, Operations, Award Management Unit and Partnership teams for strategic program-finance linkages by providing timely analytics and guidance about financial policies.
3. Review that all expenses including salary computations, allocations to different programs, and journal entries are in accordance with IRC polices and donor’s regulations.
4. Review the preparation of monthly funding requirements and ensure that all programs receive the funds as per their requirement in a timely manner.
5. Supervise the preparation of all payments to ensure that complete documentation is provided and properly filed.
6. Monitor Projects budgets to ensure that spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted, and corrected. Ensure that key program personnel and partners are aware of their budgetary resources and are able to monitor their budgets.
7. Prepare financial reports, re-alignments, , forecasts, and reports on variances for FC reviews.
8. Prepare monthly variance analysis reports for each budget, including accruals, and initiate review with individual program managers.
10. Prepare any budget revisions and projections for IRC projects and respond to any questions.
11. Assess financial, compliance, and other relevant risks and establish risk mitigation processes.
12. Ensure compliance with donor policies and procedures and make recommendations for improving overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of the program(s).Where ever necessary, develop SoPs for program, partners or finance staff to ensure compliance with the donor requirement.
13. Assist in external, internal and other audits.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Controller
Position directly supervises: Finance Managers
Other Internal and/or external contacts: All levels of IRC staff
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
The IRC Core Values:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality . In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children.
IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicit and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More