Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Scope of work
With the guidance and technical input of Finance Manager the Finance Officer is responsible for day-to-day data processing while keeping in line with IRC policies, procedures and donor requirements. This position also requires close working relationship with Programs, Admin, Human resource and supply chain unit.
Areas of Responsibility
- Processing of Cash transactions on daily basis, implement internal control procedures, in keeping with IRC policies and procedures. To ensure that Bank book is updated on daily basis.
- Review and check all transactions are in compliance with donor and IRC requirements.
- Processing and finalizing the monthly transactions spreadsheets for onward posting to accounting system. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
- Checking field offices upload sheets and vouchers on monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual reporting package on time for Finance Manager review.
- Produce timely and regular balance sheet reconciliation. Identify differences or discrepancies and follow up as appropriate, in keeping with IRC policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Keeping updated record of prepayments in respect to staff insurance, rents for all programs and their monthly amortization.
- To prepare the monthly BVA of CO managed grants and ensures timely submission.
- Assist in preparation of donor financial reports as required.
- Assist in preparation of grant budget and operational budget.
- Assist in preparing Shared program cost allocation (SPCA) sheet and recommends actual charging
- Participate in professional development activities, as needed for request.
- Prepare/update Grants/Budget Filing/Payment voucher filling.
- Perform other duties, as necessary and/or as requested.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
· Master of Business Administration (Finance)
· Chartered Accountancy Article (completed).
b) Work Experience:
· 3 Years of experience in Finance Department Preferably International NGO.
· Demonstrated experience in training, capacity building and team building of staff
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Effective communication and negotiation skills
· Willingness to travel to project sites
· Ability to work under stress and pressure
· Command on Excel and SUN accounting system
· Must be fluent in Urdu & English languages
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.