Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: With the supervision and guidance of the Finance Coordinator, the Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that IRC Pakistan and its partners meet the compliance requirements of donors as well as IRC policies and procedures. This position involves travel in the field offices of IRC and partner organizations.
· In close consultation with Finance Coordinator follow complete cycle of proposals and grants including development, submission, grant code assignment, interim reports, final reports, financial reports, etc;
· In coordination with Finance and Operations, monitor and facilitate compliance of programs with donor and IRC requirements, including program progress and adherence to objectives, submission of timely modification and extension requests. Provide management reports noting trends and issues.
· Check the financial record on periodic basis as required by Finance Coordinator.
· Assist with the preparation of files for audits and supports in completion of audits;
· Conduct sub grantee pre-award assessments and recommend modifications to the sub grant agreement and/or monitoring plan to lessen financial and compliance risks.
· Assist in the preparation and review of sub grant agreements.
· Provide guidance to sub-grantees and implementing partners in interpreting IRC and donor policies.
· Provide on-going training and support to sub grantees in IRC sub grant financial procedures and assist in conducting formal sub grantee training workshops.
· Review sub grantee financial reports for correctness and completeness and ensure that reports are submitted on time.
· Maintain sub grant tracking as well as financial files in accordance with IRC policies.
· Participate in periodic financial monitoring of sub-grantees and implementing partners
· Follow up on all sub grant compliance issues and audits and document resolutions.
· Process sub grantee payments and reconcile sub grant financial tracking to general ledger reports.
· Assist in sub grantee site audits and prepare site visit reports noting trends and issues concerning grant sub-recipients.
· Assist in sub grant close-outs ensuring that all requirements of the sub grant agreement have been met and that sub grant funds have been properly settled.
· Ensure financial reports are submitted on time and on appropriate formats;
· Assist with the preparation of files for audits and support finance in completion of audits;
· Support the Associate Finance Controller in ensuring that proposals and budgets are written according to donor formats and guidelines and are submitted for review and submission in a timely manner;
· Undertake other tasks as requested by the Finance Coordinator.
· Become familiar with the IRC Program Framework and support other programs to mainstream it in a systematic manner.
· To offer training and capacity building of all staff on program reporting and IRC program specific documents
· Report to the Finance Coordinator about any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Coordinator Position directly supervises: None
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration Finance, Commerce or MBA, M.Com would be preferred
b) Work Experience:
· Minimum 02 years of relevant experience with NGOs, INGOs.
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Effective communication and negotiation skills.
· Willingness to travel to project sites.
· Team player.
· Ability to work under stress and pressure
· Must be fluent in Urdu & English languages.
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.