Important Note: Hiring for this position is contingent to approval by the Donor which is expected by the end of October 2020
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 20 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 40 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health, and livelihoods for displaced, poor, and disaster-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and is currently present in 4 provinces including Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and the newly Merged Districts of KP – Ex Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
Scope of work
With the guidance and technical input of Finance Manager the Finance Officer is responsible for day-to-day data processing while keeping in line with IRC policies, procedures and donor requirements. This position also requires close working relationship with Programs, Admin, Human resource and supply chain unit.
Areas of Responsibility
· Assist Finance Manager /Finance Coordinator to review Purchase request and coordinate with Program staff for cash projections required for timely fund management.
· Finance officer will visit field with program team to verify documents and other data on regular basis.
· Finance officer will review Cash payment documents as per policy and highlight any shortcomings in documentation for rectification by program.
· After the completion of payment documentation and necessary approvals, Finance officer will submit the documents to country office finance department for further process.
· Finance officer to check uncollected payment list received from financial service provider and coordinate with program for necessary efforts for cash collection.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Manager/Finance Coordinator
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Effective communication and negotiation skills.
· Willingness to travel to project sites.
· Ability to work under stress and pressure.
· Command on Excel and SUN accounting system.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates, minorities and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More