Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, working in 42 countries worldwide. Established in Pakistan for over 30 years, IRC manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection and livelihoods for displaced, poor and conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Internship Overview/Summary: Under the supervision of Advocacy and Communications Officer, she/he will be responsible for ensuring day to day operations in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
1. Build understanding of IRC Communications and branding guidelines.
2. Learn how to design artwork for organization’s communication, visibility products i.e. brochures, flyers, reports, infographics, souvenirs, giveaways, banners and other outdoor and venue branding material.
3. Understand designing of IRC internal communications products that include quarterly newsletters, reports etc.
4. Learn Coordination with the printers and vendors to ensure the artwork is as per the printers needs and of high quality.
5. Build effective skills of team work by providing support the communications officer in tasks such as archiving IRC artwork, photos and video data and coordination during or before events.
Education: Fresh Graduate (Bachelors of Arts or Intermediate having basic knowledge of graphics designing and design software i.e. Abode. Illustrator, Corel and Inpage).
Work Experience: Entry level.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design)
· Adobe Flash
· Adobe Dreamweaver
· Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· Adobe Premiere
· Sketch-book Pro
· Adobe After effects and 3D Max would be a plus
Language Skills: Must be fluent in Urdu & English languages both written and spoken.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More