Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
To assist manager in ensuring proper maintenance of networks, computers and other peripheral IT devices.
· Ensure that computers peripherals such as scanners, printers, monitors, mouse and others are configured and properly working for all field staff members.
· Provide assistance to end users for the configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft suite products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Deploy Local Area network infrastructure following applicable IRC Standard regarding cabling, WIFI and other active network equipment.
· Assist in ensuring safe and secure working of office networks and adopt necessary measure to keep the networks/workstations free from viruses.
· Carry out resolution of day to day IT issues to users.
· Responsible for hardware and software troubleshooting / installations.
· Responsible for timely hardware servicing of hardware as and when required
· Assists in managing systems, networks & facilitate users as par policy.
· Maintain IT-related reference documents for all devices and their configurations & installations.
· To make sure that all hardware and software license agreements are fulfilled for all systems, networks. Must take reasonable precautions to guard against corruption of data or software or damage to hardware
· Assist in maintaining data backup on weekly, monthly basis and keep individual data as confidential
· Responsible for periodical updates of windows and network security updates, Antivirus updates etc.
· Track record of equipment sent for repairs / service.
· Ensure timely equipment maintenance, upgrade and replacement as well as management of ISP contracts and software maintenance agreements.
· Other responsibilities as and when assigned by the supervisor.
Position Reports to: IT Coordinator
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: None
· Bachelor Degree
· 1 to 2 years.
· Experience of handling computer networks
· Experience in data management and report writing
· MCSE , CCNA will be a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Hand on command on MS Office Excel etc.
· Willingness to work long hours and flexible schedules as required
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.