The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to the displaced and refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
She should have technical skills of attending patients/ clients coming to the facility for Family Planning (FP), Post Abortion Care (PAC), antenatal visits or delivery. She will be mainly responsible for doing Long term & permanent methods in Health facilities. She should be able to provide quality services through her technical and good communication skills to achieve objectives of the project. She will also work to build the capacity of Govt. Doctors on LTPM of FP & PAC services.
- Work as part of a medical team in one of the district health facility to provide reproductive health on rotational basis to different health facilities.
- Provides long term & permanent methods of Family planning.
- Provides PAC services in the Health facilities.
- Give on job trainings to Health care providers on FP-PAC.
- Build capacity of Govt. Doctors on Bilateral tubal ligation & Implant insertion /removal procedures.
- Doing campaigns for LTFP methods in different health facilities of the district as arranged.
- Primary referral for dealing with any complications of FP-PAC services.
- Providing post PAC & Postpartum family planning services in Health facilities.
- Prepare timely demand for supplies and provide lists to QAOs for timely collection.
- Maintain accurate day to day record & submit monthly report to supervisor.
11. Attend workshop /seminars and program meetings arranged by IRC ( Nationally and Internationally )
- Any other relevant duty assigned by the supervisor.
Position Requirements: REQUIRED:
· MBBS, recognized by PMDC.
· 1 Year relevant experience in FP & PAC /RH projects and house job with at least 6 months in Gynae/Obs.
· Work experience in maternity hospital or MCH preferred.
· Training background in FP & PAC would be an added advantage
Work experience with International NGOs or similar set-up.
Local Candidates will be given preference