· Work as part of a medical team in one of the district health facility to provide reproductive health services according to national and IRC Reproductive Health policy.
· Conduct antenatal and post-natal consultations with pregnant women record height, weight pulse and blood pressure of all women coming for Post Natal Care/Anti Natal Care visits.
· Have good knowledge and practices in long term and permanent FP methods and PAC services.
· Keep antenatal, natal and postnatal records.
· Make referral for hospital care as appropriate.
· Assist lady doctor in Bilateral tubal ligation & Implant insertion /removal procedures.
· Responsible for maintaining day-to-day infection prevention procedures including; universal precaution measures and sterilization.
· Provide family planning counseling and information on PAC services to women attending the health facility.
· Family planning counseling to women after delivery, especially for those who need these services.
· Prepare timely demand for supplies and collect the supplies form store.
· Maintain accurate day to day record, prepare monthly report & maintain facilities registers up to date.
· Attend workshop /seminars and program meetings arranged by IRC.
· Willing to work in evening and night shifts.
· Any other relevant duty needed or requested.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
§ Work experience in maternity hospital or MCH preferred.
§ Strong knowledge of FP and PAC