The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Baluchistan and Punjab Provinces.
The job holder is expected to lead the knowledge, learning and management component of the project.
S/he is expected to closely work with the Senior Manager EH and in conjunction with IRC EH team ensuring the project delivery and reporting at the provincial level.
The Knowledge Management Manager is responsible for planning and documenting the project in the relevant operations areas and as per project plans, and for supporting the program teams to effectively and efficiently use standard tools, systems and procedures related to monitoring their activities and ensuring quality
1. Support Senior Manager EH in designing, developing, managing and maintaining EH information management system.
2. To store, organize and supply secure data/record and statistics in accordance with the policy for smooth implementation of project.
3. To assist Senior Manager EH in the delivery of promotional and publicity material and information to the stakeholders.
4. Able to identify and Capture change process in the field and document as Human/most significant change stories.
Leadership & Research:
5. To document evidence, as well as develop and identify new and innovative ways to improve policy and practice.
6. Communicate the results of inclusive WASH for organizational and Fund learning and support the dissemination of results on inclusive WASH with governments, service providers, national and regional networks and the wider public.
7. Support the Implementation of results of improved WASH policies and practice through a culture of learning and reflective practice, flexible programming and sharing of knowledge
8. Support staff skills enhancement to systematically apply interventions in the “Basic Package” under LIFE-Pakistan.
9. Measurement of progress over time against various key WASH performance indicators for trend tracking and providing information relevant to current policies and plans.
10. To assist the adoption of “WASH community graduation” approach by implementing/sector partners and its standardized application.
11. To lead and coordinate project Midterm and End line evaluation process with internal and external stakeholders and ensure that quality products are produce as per TORs.
12. Ensuring effective information flows within the project team.
13. Assist Senior Manager EH in developing and reviewing governance related systems, policies, procedures, and delegations to support the project outcomes.
14. Interpret and apply legislation more specific to support the implementation of project.
15. Monitor external research and policy developments in line with project goals.
16. Assembling, interpreting, and analyzing information and providing regular updates to Project Coordinator.
17. Preparation of reports to the Senior Manager EH on a regular basis, providing updates on progress.
18. Support Senior Manager EH and other colleagues to help them integrate gender in their research, in project designs and project plans.
19. Undertake research using appropriate tools with the aim of providing information and analysis on policy issues and its development.
20.. Analyze statistical data and interpret results of studies/reports to prepare reports detailing findings, recommendations, or conclusions for improvement of related policies and practices.
Documentation and Reporting
21. Ensure the preparation of monthly, bi-monthly and six-monthly project reports as per IRC and Donor requirements.
22. Ensure and lead the monthly and quarterly PIM & PLM meetings are conducted and documented internally and with Country Office.
23. Management of quantitative data and presenting the analysis to senior management for decision making.
Program Design and Quality
24. Support the strategic needs assessment processes, including consultation with key stakeholders such as the WATSAN Cell (LG & RDD), cluster partners, local service providers etc.
25. Ensure the development of detailed work plans, and monitoring tools; ensure the IRC’s EH program demonstrate adherence to international and national standards.
26. To present IRC work before different stakeholders in workshops/Seminars and meetings.
· Master’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, MBA, Program Management, Environmental/Life/Social Sciences, or relevant field from any recognized University
b) Work Experience:
· Minimum of 8 years progressive relevant work experience in Knowledge management, preferably with INGOs
· Demonstrated experience in knowledge management and research element that have met targets on time and within budget
· Demonstrated experience in leading Inclusive WASH professional development programs
· Demonstrated experience in training, capacity building and team building of staff
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
· Demonstrated understanding of WASH project design, management, and implementation
· Demonstrated ability to develop reports and papers for publication
· Demonstrated experience coordinating with government and partner organizations
· Ability to provide strategic program oversight and identify areas for program improvement
· Excellent training, capacity building and team building skills
· Strong coordination, communication, and capacity building skills.
· Flexibility to work in a diverse multicultural team with respect for Pakistani culture and norms.
· Proven ability to live and work in a stressful environment.
· Knowledge of MS Office package (word, excel, power point)
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Strong knowledge of indicators and theory of change analysis.
· Strong, creative problem-solving skills
Working Environment: Works well in coordination and facilitates teamwork, flexible and able to handle pressure well (for self and his/her teams).
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
Women candidates and differently able persons are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More