The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to the displaced and refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
- To assist LHV is performing Family Planning (FP) and Post Abortion Care (PAC) activities/services.
- Allow clients of FP number by number (with the exception of emergency PAC case, which should be taken directly to LHV) to prevent the crowd and patients complaints
Attends FP & PAC cases in assigned working hours.
Assist LHVs in FP-PACE activities
- FP & PAC counseling to clients/patients coming to Health Facilities.
- Health education to Child Bearing Age women, Lactating mothers and pregnant women
- Dispense medicine to pregnant PAC women and FP Commodities to clients as advised by LHV.
- Accompany LHV during home visits.
- Allow clients of FP number by number (with the exception of emergency PAC case, which should be taken directly to LHV) to prevent the crowd and patients complaints.
- Cleaning of the portion of the FP & PAC room building as instructed.
- Willing to work both evening and night shifts.
- Any other duty needed or requested.
- At least 2 years work experience in an organization or Govt. sectors .
- Knowledge in FP & PAC
Certificates or Licenses: None