Important Note: Hiring on this position is contingent to funding approval by the donor.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan and Sindh provinces.
The M&E Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of the program monitoring, learning and evaluation to ensure quality and timely implementation of the activities. This include excellent coordination with partner and close collaboration with the IRC MEAL Unit (AT Country Level). The M&E Manager will proactively contribute to select, commission and support the implementation team to plan, design, conduct, manage and report on the project M&E.
S/he will report to the Country Senior MEAL Manager and will work closely both with the wider IRC, Evaluation and Learning unit and incorporate their strategic guidance and technical advice, and with other partners. S/he will work closely with the Senior MEAL Manager to align monitoring and evaluation plans and strategies. S/he will oversee M&E team members in the districts providing support to project staff and the External Evaluator as needed to implement the monitoring and evaluation activities.
A. Management and Supervision:
· Support Pakistan Country program to comply with global commitments, strategic action plan of Pakistan and agreed standards.
· Participate in planning and – when required – budgeting processes for the project monitoring and evaluations, overseeing and monitoring the budget for the external evaluation component;
· Under the supervision of the Sr. MEAL Manager and the technical support from Sr. MEAL Coordinator oversight of MEL, provide direction to the ECHO partners at the field level, ensuring full understanding of the M&E approach.
· In coordination with Sr. MEAL Manager, lead on collaborating with the partner for establishing workplans, setting targets, reviewing progress and identifying challenges and solutions to achieve project aims. In addition, maintain compliance with project agreement, relaying feedback to the Team Leader (TL) ECHO as required.
· Work closely with the COM team to review and oversee the program outreach,
B. Technical Responsibilities
· Working closely with the partner M&E and MIS to develop, review and test measurement tools, ensuring alignment with best practices and the IRC and international standards, as well as compliance with the ECHO requirements including MFA standards;
· Work closely with the partner M&E to support the establishment of qualitative and quantitative studies processes and participate in the development and refinement of quality metrics through a participatory approach, whereby abiding by the ECHO requirements; this includes reviewing and updating the project logical framework as required;
· Work closely with the partner M&E and MIS on reviewing quality data and analysis;
· Develop plans with the partner M&E and MIS and other teams to engage stakeholders in the M&E work and ensure the feedback from stakeholders (particularly with relevant government department) is sought and utilized as appropriate.
· In collaboration with the Senior Protection coordinator, ensure safeguarding standards are mainstreamed in the study’s methodology,
· Support all filed programs to comply with IRC monitoring standards and commitments.
· Ensure that programs adopt and comply with standards and tools at design, startup, implementation, and closeout stages.
· Ensure the regular flow of monitoring data from the field to country MEAL, analyzed, and interpreted to help program management in making informed decisions.
· Act as ECHO M&E focal point for providing support and deliver accurate and timely reporting. Directly reporting to Senior MEAL Manager.
D. Coordination with external stakeholders
In close collaboration with and under the oversight of the Sr. MEAL Manager:
· Respond in a timely manner to information requests on the studies from program teams, finance teams, and AMU unit.
· Maintain a solid, positive working relationship with the implementing partners.
· Represent the IRC and the partners with the donor in different fora on M&E as it may be required.
· Provide support to the ECHO TL to manage external relations by ensuring the dissemination of information about project findings to different audiences is effective.
· Ensure timely, accurate and good quality reporting to the donor and other stakeholders as it may be required;
· Ensure the IRC meets contractual project, legal and financial requirements for the M&E.
· Master’s degree in, Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Management or in any other relevant discipline
· 4-5 years of consistent proven and successful experience of monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning.
· Experience of measuring impact of emergency Health/WASH programmes;
· Strong analytic skills and high-level understanding of statistical data (e.g., statistical analysis, social science, programme evaluation), ability to recognise, interpret and synthesise patterns in data;
· Ability to and experience of driving and project managing an impact measurement programme or analogous programme in a large sized organisation with limited oversight;
· Experience in working with communities, DNH, PRA tools and techniques.
· Excellent English writing business communication skills
· Strong team management experience with sound capacities to work in a diversified team
· Willingness to work under pressure and stressful situations without minimal supervision and without compromising on deadlines or quality
· Strongly resilient to unfavorable situations
· Capability in statistical analysis programming languages/software such as POWER Bi, KOBO, COMMCARE is desirable
a) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Lead with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – Global Standards for Professional Conduct.
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
b) Language Skills: Good written and spoken English and Urdu skills; regional language skills will be a plus.
c) Other skills:
· Strong computer skills: must be competent in the use of Windows, MS office programs, email programs, etc.
· Willingness to travel outside Quetta to field sites under demanding conditions.
d) Key Working Relationships:
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More