Important Note: Hiring on this position is contingent to funding approval by the donor.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan and Sindh provinces.
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the M&E Manager, the position will work with all relevant stakeholders of ECHO program to ensure that an effective, efficient and functional MEAL system is in place.
Management and supervision
· Promote accountability and ensure compliance with IRC-WAY policies, global Humanitarian Standards for Quality and Accountability, including the complaint and response mechanism (CRM), to ensure that affected communities and people are at the center of IRC response.
· Monitor compliance against MEAL requirements set in priority programmes under implementation: regularly update database, keep internal MEAL mapping file up to date and ensure relevant MEAL docs available.
· Support to Partner COs as required on the program implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning components.
· Support on MEAL plans, studies, data collection tools and databases as required;
· Collect and organize existing internal and key external MEAL tools and resources, and share them as needed;
· Contribute to the development of MEAL/program capacity in the field through field missions, dedicated remote support, training and resource sharing as needed.
· Will represent program/MEAL during review meetings and other events to share project updates and/or making presentations if required.
· Maintain proper filing system of monitoring and data related documents in hard as well as in soft.
· Carry out other related tasks as assigned by line manager
Key Working Relationships:
· Position Reports to: M&E Manager
· Position directly supervises: None
· Indirect Reporting: Sr. M&E Manager/Sr. Measurement & Effectiveness Manager /ECHO Project Lead
· Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Computer Programming or related field
B. Work Experience
· Significant experience undertaking M&E/MEAL-related roles (at least 3 years)
· Proven skills in working with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies and analysis
· Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
· Ability to manage a large and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
C. Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Lead with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – Global Standards for Professional Conduct.
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Excellent report writing, proofreading, and formatting
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
· Good interpersonal skills
D. Language Skills:
· Good written and spoken English and Urdu skills; regional language skills will be a plus.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Level of interaction with children: Frequent direct contact with children
IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More