The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to the displaced and refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Baluchistan provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior MEAL Manager, the position will work with all relevant stakeholders to ensure an effective, efficient and functional MEAL system is in place.
· Promote accountability and ensure compliance with IRCWAY policies, global Humanitarian Standards for Quality and Accountability, including the complaint and response mechanism (CRM), to ensure that affected communities and people are at the center of IRC response.
· Develop and maintain project monitoring databases for timely dissemination of information
· Assist in the review and development of appropriate formats, tools and systems for monitoring and evaluating programs, assuring quality and managing data according to internal and international standards.
· In collaboration with the Senior MEAL Manager, MEAL Officers and program teams, carry out participatory outcomes monitoring as well as activities of the partners according to agreed standards.
· Extend needful support to program teams to track progress of the project activities in line with the agreed output and outcome level performance indicators and beneficiary numbers using standardized formats and systems, to establish/maintain data storage and dissemination systems.
· Assist in the design, collection and analysis of data and information for assessments, surveys and evaluations as required by the Ethics and Compliance unit and the program teams as per project requirements.
· Conduct data quality assessments, audits’ and support relevant teams in improved data management practices.
· Will represent MEAL during program review meetings and other events to share M&E updates and/or making presentations if required.
· Maintain proper filing system of monitoring and data related documents in hard as well as in soft.
· Carry out other such tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
· Assess what information children and adults would like to receive about the IRC program, and how they would like to receive it.
· Ensure that MEAL plans and products are disseminated timely with relevant staff members and other stakeholders.
· Participate in MEAL related and other meetings
· Consult with children and adults on complaints handling
· Design and implement appropriate feedback mechanisms that are contextual, effective, accessible and safe for children and adults that ensure that feedback is recorded, reviewed and acted upon
Education: Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Computer Programming or related field
Work Experience: At least 02 years’ relevant experience on monitoring and evaluation position in national / international humanitarian / development organization(s).
· At least 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in NGO setup.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills in English.
· Knowledge of STATA / SPSS / R, MS Access / DBMS / Excel
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Familiarity with data collection and knowledge of MEL tools.
Language Skills: Reading, speaking and writing Urdu, English is mandatory and Pashto speaking, reading is a plus.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More