The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager for a five-year USAID-funded Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Project in selected districts of the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including Newley Merged Districts. The project focusses on implementing interventions to achieve the intended result of “Increased incomes for women-owned micro-businesses and women workers”. These interventions will stimulate women’s economic and social empowerment and prepare foundation for integrating interventions to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (GBV).
Reporting to Chief of Party of WEE project, the M&E Manager, in coordination with and support of MEL Working Group of the project, will be responsible for ensuring that project teams are supported to carry out their planning, monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities. M&E Manager will also be responsible reporting and follow-ups of MEL Framework, LFA, Indicator tracking sheets, data collection tools, process monitoring, surveys, evaluations, and learning etc. The role will contribute to overall project quality through the conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning strategies, including developing highquality written products as well as build capacity of stakeholders, give technical inputs and utilize M&E related budget. The emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for program reach, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the various IRC sectors and departments.
Management and supervision:
· Ensure robust clients’ feedback mechanism is in-place to encourage the communities to share their feedbacks and concerns.
· Support project to comply with global commitments, strategic action plan of Pakistan and agreed MFA standards and other MEAL practices.
· Participate in planning and – when required – budgeting processes for the project monitoring and evaluations, overseeing and monitoring the budget and for the external evaluation component;
· Provide direction to the WEE partners at the field level, ensuring full understanding of the M&E and studies approach;
· Lead on collaborating with the evaluators for establishing workplans, setting targets, reviewing progress and identifying challenges and solutions to achieve baseline, mid-term and endline evaluation objectives.
· Work closely with the partners to review and oversee the program and awareness raising activities.
· Manage team of M&E Officer Officers including recruitment, setting measurable performance goals, regular feedback and day to day
· Managing the baselines, assessments, evaluations, people stories and studies as required, including support scoping the study and methodology;
· Review and test measurement tools, ensuring alignment with best practices and the IRC and international standards, as well as compliance with the WEE requirements including Monitoring For Action (MFA) standards;
· Work closely with the partners of WEE project and related teams to support the establishment of qualitative and quantitative evaluation processes and participate in the development and refinement of quality metrics through a participatory approach, whereby abiding by the WEE requirements; this includes reviewing and updating the project logical framework as required;
· Ensure qualitative data of implementation is regularly collected, analyzed, reported and used;
· Develop plans with project team, partners and engage stakeholders including clients in the monitoring and ensure the feedback from stakeholders and especially women and their families is sought and utilized as appropriate;
· Ensure Do No Harm and Child Safeguarding standards are mainstreamed in the MEL methodologies and regularly reviewed throughout implementation of MEL activities;
· Support all field project staff to comply with WEE monitoring standards and commitments.
· Ensure that project adopts and comply with standards and tools at design, startup, implementation, and close out stages.
· Act as WEE M&E focal point for providing support to the external evaluators in the delivery of accurate and timely baseline, midline and endline reporting under the technical supervision of Sr. MEAL Manager;
· Curating all studies and reports to ensure a thorough review of significant findings and trends, get value and report to take corrective actions.
Coordination with External Stakeholders
In close collaboration with and under the oversight of the Chief of party
· Respond in a timely manner to information requests on project indicators.
· Maintain an informed positive working relationship with the all clients including people in communities;
· Represent the WEE and the partners in different fora on M&E as it may be required including MEL Working Group of the project;
· Provide support to implementation team by ensuring the dissemination of information about project findings to different audiences is effective;
· Ensure timely, accurate and good quality M&E reporting to the donor and others stakeholders;
· Ensure the IRC meets contractual project, legal and financial requirements for the M&E.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Chief of Party/ Sr. MEAL Manager (Technical Reporting) Position directly supervises: M&E Officer WEE
· Master’s degree in, Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Management or in any other relevant discipline
b) Work Experience:
· 4-5 years of consistent proven and successful experience of monitoring, evaluation, accountability, participatory approaches, and learning.
c) Skills & competencies:
· Strong analytic skills and high-level understanding of statistical data (e.g., statistical analysis, social science, programme evaluation), ability to recognise, interpret and synthesise patterns in data;
· Ability to and experience of driving and project managing an impact measurement programme or analogous programme in a large sized organisation with limited oversight;
· Experience in working with communities, DNH, PRA tools and techniques.
· Excellent English writing business communication skills
· Strong team management experience with sound capacities to work in a diversified team
· Willingness to work under pressure and stressful situations without minimal supervision and without compromising on deadlines or quality
· Strongly resilient to unfavorable situations,
· Capability in statistical analysis programming languages/software such as R, SPSS/STATA highly desirable
d) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel
· Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel, Power Bi and PowerPoint;
Language Skills: English, Urdu
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Adult Safeguarding, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
· IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More