Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Program Officer for a five-year USAID-funded Women’s Economic Empowerment Project (WEE) in selected districts of the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including Newley Merged Districts. The project focusses on implementing interventions to stimulate women’s economic and social empowerment and prepare foundation for integrating interventions to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (GBV).
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Program Officer will primarily be responsible for effective and efficient implementation of project activities as per WEE’s approved design and identified strategies in consultation with the COP, Project Coordinator, Consortium Partners, other PSU (Project Support Unit) team members and implementing organizations including project stakeholders.
· Update project information and provide necessary support in developing relevant project documentation, including monthly/quarterly reports narrative and financial reporting, monitoring tools, fact sheets, success stories, newsletters as per WEE project ‘s policies and procedures and USAID’s requirements etc.
· Work closely with other sections of WEE project at Project Support Unit (PSU) as well as IRC’s relevant departments including operations, finance, supply chain, HR etc., for smooth implementation of project activities . Maintain archives of project activities, follow-up and support roll out of activities in line with the approved project design, strategies, work plans and M&E framework within the specified timeframe.
· Collect, compile, and disseminate, timely follow-up of project work plan and assist in preparing periodical reports on the prescribed formats.
· S/he will be responsible for maintaining conducive relationship for routine correspondence related to project activities between field teams and implementing and consortium organizations and other stakeholders including ministry and local/district departments, public and/or private sector TVET institutes and communities.
· Assist in collecting, compiling and organizing the flow of information from consortium and implementing partners and stakeholders at Federal and provincial level.
· Support planning and coordination with technical teams including information dissemination while ensuring flow of information; organizing internal and external meetings/events, send invitations, arrange materials, take minutes/notes during events, take attendance, prepare event reports etc.,
· As and when required, travel to project areas and to attend external meetings in the field on behalf of WEE project and participate in internal meetings and ensure the flow of information and share feedback with Project Coordinator.
· Develop, organize and manage project material/resource filing and record-keeping at PSU in Islamabad in coordination with field offices and electronically. Keeping up-to-date materials in hard and soft form
· Preparation & development of appropriate materials, tools and guidelines as per the needs of targeted audiences.
· Facilitate necessary coordination between partners and relevant external stakeholders including line departments, TEVET, MFIs, Business Development Services (BDS) and others..
· Provide and manage relevant evidences in line with M&E requirement for different activities
· Support the project team in day to day operational and administrative matters.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Project Coordinator Position directly supervises: None
· Master’s degree in development studies, Social Sciences, Communication or equivalent with experience in social work and/or other relevant discipline
b) Work Experience:
· Work experience of 3 or more years preferably with USAID funded projects.
c) Skills & competencies:
· Capacity to develop, implement and analyze quality assurance components, plan and execute meetings and events at national/provincial level, develop and implement work plans,
· Skills in coordinating with and monitoring partners activities.
· Strong coordination skills with the ability to manage, often remotely, information (report writing and presentations).
· Prepare and write reports on USAIDs given standards
· Collect and maintain data (both in soft and hard form) in a logical order
· Experience of implementing best practices around women empowerment
· Highly organized with proven ability to handle multiple tasks and produce high quality deliverables as per deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work in pressure and conducive work environment
· Respectful of local norms and culture, and willing to follow these norms while in the field
· Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.).
· Good communication and presentation skills.
Language Skills: English, Urdu
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Adult Safeguarding, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
· IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More