Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: Program officer will be responsible for effective and efficient implementation of project activities as per its approved design and identified strategies in consultation with the Team Leader, Partner, other PSU (Project Support Unit) team member and implementing organizations including project stakeholders.
· To ensure that narrative and financial reporting and other donor requirements (such as audits) are met in line with donor agreements and IRC policies and procedures
· S/he will be directly responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of the project implementation according to its approved design, strategies within the specified timeframe.
· Initiates and facilitates Knowledge & Information Management (KIM) with local partners to strengthen the effectiveness and implementation of program and lessons learned. Facilitates networks between partners and relevant external actors like knowledge institutes, and initiates and facilitates reports and any publications in this area.
· S/he will be responsible for the financial and field supervision of the implementing organization.
· S/he will be responsible for maintaining conducive relationship between field teams and implementing organizations and other stakeholders including MOE, Ministry of labor and manpower department Baluchistan, Girls schools, Public and/or private sector TVET institutes and communities.
· Assist in collecting, compiling and organizing the flow of information from the IRC programs coming from the field;
· Attend external meetings on behalf of IRC, and participate in internal meetings and ensure the flow of information, writing meeting minutes and share feedback with Team leader.
· Background information collection and organization on the broader programs/projects in the field including emergency response;
· In coordination with the field team, support the maintenance of programs MIS;
· Update program information and support in developing relevant project documentation, including monthly/quarterly reports, monitoring tools, fact sheets, news letter etc.
· Support planning and coordination with teams, including organization and support of Humanitarian Program Meetings, information dissemination;
· Collect, compile and disseminate program work plans;
· Support the development and maintenance of program resource information in Islamabad, field offices and electronically;
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Leader.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Team Leader Position directly supervises: None
· Master Degree in Social sciences, Management, Mass Communication
b) Work Experience:
· At least 2 to 3 years work experience of managing similar tasks within development sector
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Computer skills & Report writing skills
· English & Urdu language skills
· Strong communication skills
Language Skills: English, Urdu
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More