The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Working in coordination with IRC’s health team, supervising, and providing on the job mentoring training support to staff and concerned health care providers including, lady health visitors, community health workers/technicians in districts health facilities on on required health/RH/FP thematic areas. Help identify gaps, prepare supportive supervision plans and follow up duly and diligently.
· Provide supportive supervision to field teams and health care providers (all cadres), on the job coaching and mentoring at on site/field offices/health facilities
· Perform regular quality assurance checks for services, documentation, records and interventions and make follow up plans accordingly
· Provide appropriate technical assistance according to project indicators.
· Review and reinforce infection prevention protocols to ensure proper implementation
· Review and analyze the information to present utilization trends based on monitoring indicators.
· Identify gaps in practical skills of the staff and propose trainings/refreshers/coaching sessions accordingly
· Conduct field visits to ensure proper implementation of quality services in FP and PAC at the facilities in the districts & coordinates with IRC lady doctors for arranging campaigns of LTFP (Implant Insertion and removal methods) in project districts.
· Participate in coordination meeting with district department, committees, etc.
· Perform other relevant tasks as required.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Project Manager, District Coordination Manager
Position directly supervises: Field Team(s), Healthcare Providers
Education: Graduation with diploma in midwifery/LHV recognized by the Nursing Council of Pakistan
Work Experience: Experience of working for at least two years in reproductive health and FP will be preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Work experience in maternity hospital or MCH preferred.
· Training background in reproductive health/FP/PHC
· MS excel/computer literacy skills are a must
Language Skills: Punjabi, Urdu, English
Certificates or Licenses:
a) Graduation with diploma in midwifery/LHV recognized by the Nursing Council of Pakistan Working experience with International NGOs or similar set-up
b) Local candidates will be given preference.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Frequent direct contact with children
· IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicit and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More