Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, working in 42 countries worldwide. Established in Pakistan for over 30 years, IRC manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection and livelihoods for displaced, poor and conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The Senior IM Officer along with other organization staff will assist in the implementation of IVAP. The goal of this assessment is to better understand the vulnerabilities and needs of each household of the affected population. The information gathered will be used as a tool to enable the effective and principled targeting of TDPs for assistance. S/he will split time and work at both Islamabad and Peshawar offices.
Data and Information management:
Programming of IVAP questionnaires in electronic gadgets and provision of users manuals
Customization of the questionnaires in the electronic gadgets as requested by management
Liaise with partners loaning electronic gadgets to IVAP
Sector-wise result tables/reporting format are programmed and linked with the questionnaires loaded in the Q-MOBILEs
Maintain and update IVAP operational manuals.
Share IVAP data reports on weekly basis with all the relevant teams of IVAP.
- Responsible to develop and maintain Live IVAP dynamic summary sheets on the IVAP website that should be directly linked to IVAP database.
- Develop live monitoring tool for IVAP higher management to access and monitor field progress on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Extract individual level information from Database as per the specific vulnerability shared by partner organizations for target assistance.
- Lead on analysis of data in SPSS/STATA/MS-EXCEL and working with Manager Web/Database and Project Coordinator to ensure it is presented appropriately
- Look for trends/flaws in data and feed back to IVAP Management to improve data quality
- Develop IVAP bulletins in coordination with Analysis team and Project Coordinator
- In coordination with IVAP management train survey teams on quality data quality (using lessons learnt from database analysis), questionnaire and Q-Mobile
- Working with IVAP Management to liaise with Clusters and other partners to establish their questionnaire needs, and support with development/adaptation of questionnaire accordingly
- Responsible for training organizations who would like to use the database on accurate use of the database
- Responsible for managing data sharing agreements with organizations and providing the appropriate training and support, ensuring all assistance is tracked in the appropriate manner
- Support with advocacy for the appropriate use of the IVAP data amongst partners including Clusters, UN, NGOs, government
- Liaise with technical coordinators in other organizations to strengthen IVAP as necessary
- Liaise with external partners to share appropriate data
Master’s degree in Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or a related field.
At least 3 years of relevant work experience in NGO/INGOs;
Experience in data management preferable, Experience with ODK and process-based software desired
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Knowledge of different data collection methodologies. Proven skills to analyze statistical information.
Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard software.
Communication skills, teamwork and high standards of ethics and values.
Ability to make power point and other types of presentations
Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure
Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
Good stress management skill
Working Environment: Standard office work environment