Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 40 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health, and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Baluchistan, and Sindh provinces.
• Engaging community members in various project related activities ensuring that activities are implemented in an appropriate manner.
• Contribute to design and implementation of outreach activities and provide timely inputs to project team
• Keep the community updated and involved about the project and its planned activities.
• Consistently collect data on activities implemented and attendance, recording attendance of children and women and girls and submit weekly report.
• Screen for and monitor risks to children and women and girls in and around safe spaces and report it to the Field Supervisor.
• Combine community groups to form protection committees in targeted communities.
• Regularly conduct meetings with the communities in assigned areas.
• Support Project Team in mapping of service providers to establish district-based referral mechanisms.
• Run awareness raising campaigns in communities.
• Flag protection issues which need to be addressed through awareness raising activities and support the development of key messages and material.
• Solving and reporting issues regarding children and women and girls and facilitators.
• Report logistic needs to Officials for any activities on-ground.
• Ensure that the cases are identified from communities and Safe Spaces and are reported to caseworkers for further case management.
• Develop and submit progress reports.
• Ensure adherence to Code of Conduct and reporting procedures.
• Perform any other project related tasks assigned by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Project Manager and Staff
b) Work Experience:
Minimum 01-year work experience with an INGO or in offices
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Good health and personal hygiene
Demonstrated cleaning skills
Responsiveness to direction and willingness to learn
Language Skills – Local languages along with good Urdu speaking
Previous experience in similar role with NGO or in development sector.
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local Government and non-Governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.