Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh province.
Job Overview/Summary. Supply Chain Sr. Officer will be responsible to oversee day by day operational activities including, managing all procurement requests, contract, lease agreement of IRC Swat assets, inventory, rental vehicles contracts and warehouse related matters for Swat office.
The job holder is responsible to promote accountability and ensure compliance with IRCWAY policies, Core Humanitarian Standards for Quality and Accountability (CHS), including the complaint and response mechanism (CRM), to ensure that affected communities and people are at the center of emergency response.
Logistics, Procurement and Administration
Hotel Booking/Events in KP Province
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Manager Supply Chain Position directly supervises: support staff
Education: Master Degree in Business Administration preferably in Supply Chain.
Work Experience: Overall 03 Years of work experience managing procurement, supplies, inventory, assests, transport, lease agreements etc
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Fluent, professional level speaking, reading and writing in English and Urdu. At this level, applicant should have:
· The ability to speak using sufficient, structured and accurate vocabulary in formal conversation;
· The ability to use the language to satisfy professional needs;
· The ability to read and write at a normal speed and with almost complete comprehension of a variety of materials, unfamiliar subjects, styles and forms pertinent to the job needs.
The IRC Core Values:
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More