Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Training Officer (Skills Development) for a five-years USAID-funded Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Project in selected districts of the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including Newley Merged Districts. The project focusses on implementing interventions to achieve strategic objective of promoting women’s social and economic empowerment through safe and dignified access to livelihoods opportunities, information, resources and services. These interventions will stimulate women’s economic and social empowerment and prepare foundation for integrating interventions to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (GBV).
Under the supervision of Skills Development Manager, the Training Officer’s primary responsibility will be to coordinate trainings, design, arrange and conduct trainings related to Women’s Employment and Entrepreneurship. S/he will be liaising with relevant stakeholder ensuring r their services and will assist in capacity building activities.
· Support implementing partners in designing of vocational training interventions responsive to the context of KP/NDMA’s
· Coordinate the identification of TVET institutions in training women and girls on technical skills
· Support implementing partners in liaising with the TVET institutions in identifying and placing the women/girls on appropriate job and internship
· Contribute in drafting a detailed WEE work plan and assuring regular monitoring of project implementation.
· Participate in monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities, report on the progress achieved and preparing updates of the project output tracker.
· Help foster exchanges of information and lessons learned, identify new strategies and actions to improve delivery of services and to achieve the project objectives.
· Help identify relevant institutions and ensuring their engagement in project’s activities
· Supporting the establishment of relationship and collaboration with employers and their representatives to foster their active participation as key stakeholders in the project implementation
· Take Lead in conducting trainings and preparation of Capacity Building Plan for public/private TVET institutions instructors in collaboration with Implementing Partners.
· Develop training reports and share with Line Manager.
· Maintain trainings records and develop data base of trained participants in both soft and hard forms.
· Perform any assign task by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Skills Development Manager, WEE Position directly supervises: None
· Master’s degree in development studies, Disaster management, Communication or equivalent with experience in social work and/or other relevant discipline
b) Work Experience:
· Work experience of 3 or more years having considerable command over TNAs, PRA tools and techniques, designing and conducting trainings with sector experience 2 years
· Experience of conducting trainings for field staff, community groups and government representatives at various levels
c) Skills & competencies:
· Capacity to develop, implement and analyze quality assurance components, plan and execute staff trainings, develop and implement work plans, duty roasters,
· Skills in conducting training, monitor IP training activity, and ability to implement coaching interventions
· Strong coordination skills with the ability to manage information (report writing and presentations).
· Excellent facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Respectful of local norms and culture, and willing to follow these norms while in the field
· Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Good communication and presentation skills.
Language Skills: English, Urdu, Pashtoo preferred
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Adult Safeguarding, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
· IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More