The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The warehouse Assistant will be primarily responsible for the management of Asset & inventory at field level and maintaining updated records.
- Prepare reports/follow up/entries under the guidance and supervision of Officer Services, using Excel database for the logistics components.
- Maintain Purchase Requests (PR) entries and tracking, as required.
- Produce all sorts of reports including assets report, Inventory Report, Distribution etc.
- Organize and properly maintain assets disposal files and records and maintain entries in Database.
- Physical inventory checking, preparing and updating inventory records under the supervision of Officer Services.
- Update and maintain contracted and authorized suppliers file in an organized manner under the guidance and supervision of Officer Services.
- Issuing operational equipments (cell phones, laptops, camera, to local and expiate staff for official use and keep tracking of the operational items issued including signed documentation and entries in Excel.
- Updating cell phone, camera, multimedia, generators, photocopiers and laptops lists for the country program on monthly basis including user, location, program and grant details.
- Organize auction of nonfunctional assets and inventory items.
- Organize stores records.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
- Coordination with clearing and forwarding agents and companies for the Import/Export shipment clearance, as required
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
Education: Bachelor degree required
Work Experience: At least 2 years work experience with INGO/NGO or similar setting in logistics and assets’ management.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Flexible and willing to work under stress and pressure.
Command over MS Office
Language Skills: English & Urdu
Working Environment: standard IRC work environment.