Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, working in 42 countries worldwide. Established in Pakistan for over 30 years, IRC manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection and livelihoods for displaced, poor and conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The Web Developer along with other organization staff will assist in the implementation of IVAP. The goal of this assessment is to better understand the vulnerabilities and needs of each household of the affected population. The information gathered will be used as a tool to enable the effective and principled targeting of TDPs for assistance.
· Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
· Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
· Development of robust and user-friendly NET-based web applications.
· Design and creation of relational database schemas.
· SQL Server T-SQL development.
· Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
· Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
· Communicate project status and deliverables with managers and stakeholders
· Design, create and program SQL Server databases per project needs.
· ASP.Net web forms/MVC development per project needs.
· Manage project tasks, timelines, and communication.
· Perform routine website maintenance as needed.
· Development of android based applications
• Support Manager web/database in development and maintenance of IVAP database/live server
• Provide support to IRC IT team in development and implementation of web applications.
• Any other tasks as directed by the Program Coordinator
· Master’s degree or equivalent in computer ,Sciences (IT/ICT) from any reputable institute
§ Experience in SQL server
§ GIS basic knowledge
§ Understanding of programming in ODK will be preferred.
§ Ability to program to obtain cross-sector tabulations as required [for example relationship between shelter and particular health indicators]
§ Ability to assist in data editing with the programmer and data analyst.
§ Ability to clean data fields according to predetermined edit specifications
§ Ability to train Q-MOBILE users in the use of the programs.
§ Ability to liaise to the field teams to provide solutions and support in case of electronic gadgets problems in the field.
§ Willingness to work long hours and on week-ends if required by the emergency assessment.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
§ Language Skills: Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage
Working Environment: Standard office work environment
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More