Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Baluchistan and Sindh provinces.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Women Enterprise Development Manager for a five-year USAID-funded Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Project in selected districts of the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including Newley Merged Districts. The project focusses on implementing interventions to achieve the intended results of “Increased incomes for women-owned micro-businesses and women workers”, and “Expanded women’s economic, social participation, including their roles as peace builders in local communities”. These interventions will stimulate women’s economic and social empowerment and prepare foundation for integrating interventions to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (GBV).
This Women Enterprise Development Manager will be responsible for the technical backstopping of the implementing partner(s) on business and life skills training of women entrepreneurs, development of business plan, and establishing the women micro business by following up on day to day women enterprise development activities, s/he will also contribute in conducting value chain analysis and develop strategy to strengthen the existing value chain. The successful candidate, in close collaboration with the project team of the consortium partners, and implementing partners will conduct market diagnosis, identify constraints, design and facilitate development of the enterprise market systems that aim at enhancing the start-up and growth of women enterprises. S/he will act as liaison with ministry of industries, chamber of commerce and women entrepreneurs.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Technical Specialist Business Development, Senior Skills Development Manager (Technical reporting)
Position directly supervises: N/A
e Sector heads, Consortium and Implementing Partners and Govt counterparts
· Master’s degree in social sciences, Master’s in business administration, International Program Development or relevant disciplines
b) Work Experience:
· At least 05 years of work experience in Women related enterprise development projects preferably with International NGOs/UN.
c) Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Considerable knowledge of sound enterprise business policies, procedures including range of business support services such as business, financing
· Understanding of range of enterprise business opportunities supporting business start-ups and business expansions
· Demonstrable ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace
· Top-tier written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context
· Ability to demonstrate a supportive and consultative approach with direct reports and staff at senior and junior levels
· Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
· Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
Language Skills: Have fluent spoken and written Urdu and English
· Willingness to travel to field sites under demanding conditions.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...Read More