The role of a Manager of Application Support and Development is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation. Supervise and improve software applications, infrastructure and provide application support to ensure standard milestones are met. The role is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. This role is a member of the IT Leadership Team, and reports directly to the IT Director of Company.
The Job Details are as follows:
- Manage technical staff through planning, organizing, training, directing, motivating, evaluating, and motivating. Performing all sufficient duties necessary for ongoing support of the team’s activities including Concept design, Theme desgin, UI/UX Designing and product development, progress and time reporting, and other administrative functions as needed.
- Provide technical direction, guidance and mentoring to the staff members.
- Oversee all aspects of software development including requirements, coding, testing, review, deployment, monitoring, documentation, and support.
- Work with other development projects to ensure overall consistency and cooperation between products.
- Interact with enterprise & domain architects to ensure consensus on software architecture technology and direction
- Work with architecture and operations for capacity planning. Both in terms of software scalability and computing resources.
- Oversee and manage the deployment process from code completion to running in a production environment.
- Push the team forward in technological developments in order to keep systems current and to reduce long-term maintenance.
- May need to function as a leader in some Agile method of development.
- Strong technical skills. Candidate should have an undergraduate degree in a computer-related preferably in software discipline and/or a combination of academic background and practical experience.
- Broad exposure to a variety of computer concepts, machine architecture, analysis and design approaches.
- 3+ years of managing in a technical environment building software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Soft spoken and champion at managing and retaining employees.
- Experience in operational management of production systems.
- Experience with Games/Apps and web development .
- Experience managing cloud-deployed software
- Experience with publishing and marketing product.
- A general ability to solve problems
- 3+ years as a developer on a software team
- Passion for software/App development
- Willingness to embrace and drive change
- Project Management experience