Essential Job Requirements
- Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance, patch administration, kernel modification/upgrades, file system management, performance and security analysis, and network configuration/tuning.
- Monitoring Core Network performance, identifying any errors, malfunctions, and degradation, troubleshooting using available tools and solving network problems in an effective and timely manner, ensuring maximum network stability and continuous functionality.
- Cluster configuration and maintenance; shell scripting, performance tuning, hardening and support in high availability on and off-site environments.
- Strong knowledge of Opensource monitoring solutions and the working experience of monitoring large heterogeneous IT environments
- Develops processing standards, procedures, and automation scripts to simplify the operations.
- Provides technical support to systems designs, developments and deployments.
- Manages Linux-based projects as needed and assists with larger cross-team projects.
- 5+ years’ experience of System Administration the Linux environment (RHEL / CentOS / Canonical)
- Enterprise Technologies (NFS, LDAP, LINUX clustering, performance tuning, mail, syslog, security)
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators
- Hands-on experience with CISCO, Juniper, Huawei routers, switches and firewalls
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking - DNS, VPN, FTP, SSH, HTTP, SMTP, firewalls (iptables).
- Package management, scripting with Linux shell scripts and standard Linux utilities for automation of administrative tasks.
- Have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with little supervision (network, hardware, OS, performance related problems).
- Ability to successfully handle the completion of multiple concurrent assignments under pressure and interface with vendors or related support mechanisms for escalation/resolution purposes.
- Experience supporting Database environments on an operating system level a plus (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL Database e.g. Elasticsearch, Casandra)
- Deep knowledge of at least one scripting language (Perl, KSH, or Python).
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
- 5+ years of experience required
- CCNP or equivalent certification
- Experience in supervising a NOC is a plus