Iqra Fund is a U.S. based nonprofit organization committed to serving girls in remote regions of northern Pakistan faced with economic, social, and political barriers to education.
We are seeking a highly professional, result oriented and dynamic individual who will be responsible to research and write grant proposals. The successful candidate will have a proven win record for procuring grant funds in the areas of education or related fields. Must be able to edit and write grant narratives, prepare grant timelines, provide measurable outcomes for success, and submit compliance reports and administrative grant duties. Must be able to work independently and cohesively with all departments. Must have experience in researching grant management software systems, such as Foundation Center for matching agency requirements to mission based programs. The Grant Writer will be closely working with Grants and Communications officer, program team and the Board of Directors if needed. The Grant Writer will be reporting to the Deputy Country Director and will be based at the Islamabad Office.
- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, foundations and private funding prospects
- Generates proposals, budgets and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Develop high quality funding proposals for specific projects by working in collaboration with program team.
- Deliver proposals and budgets on time and in accordance with donor requirements, well-written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Acts as liaison with program staff. (If needed)
- Identifies funding and partnership opportunities to match organization’s priorities, using research tools and contacts.
- Special projects as needed.