The responsibilities of Pathologists are scientific, consultative or educational matters relevant to the services offered by IDC.
Following is a summary of the major job processes of this job.
- Will assist the Dir Lab in effective working of the Pathology department.
- Will coordinate with Supervisor Lab for day to day working of the pathology department
- Will ensure that approved policies and directives related to the Pathology department are being followed in true letter and spirit resulting in the efficient and smooth working of the specialty.
- Will ensure that samples received are properly prepared and properly marked for identification.
- Will perform microscopy of slides in different sections like Hematology, Clinical pathology etc.
- He/she will verify and sign the final lab report. The sample will be re-verified before sending out the result.
- Will verify quality controls on a daily basis.
- Will ensure SOPs are being followed properly.
- Will communicate panic results to patients.
- Will address patient queries when required.
- Will ensure proper cleanliness, hygiene and safety of the staff working in the laboratory under his/her supervision.
- Will identify gaps for improvement and inform to Director Laboratory / Manager Laboratory for training and education.
- Will perform any additional duty assigned by Director Lab.