The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
The following are the main responsibilities that the role holder will be accountable for:
- Develop and implement asset management policies and procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of all organization-owned assets, including physical assets (e.g., equipment, vehicles) and digital assets (e.g., software licenses).
- Monitor asset usage and identify underutilized or surplus assets.
- Asset Acquisition and Disposal:
- Coordinate the acquisition of new assets, including evaluating their necessity and cost-effectiveness.
- Plan and oversee the disposal or auction of assets that are no longer needed or have reached the end of their useful life.
- Schedule and oversee regular maintenance and repairs for physical assets to ensure they remain in good working condition.
- Collaborate with maintenance teams and vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective asset servicing.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all assets, including purchase receipts, warranties, maintenance logs, and depreciation schedules.
- Use asset management software or tools to track asset information, such as location, condition, and value.
- Conduct periodic audits to verify the accuracy and completeness of asset records.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and accounting standards regarding asset management.
- Monitor and control expenses related to asset acquisition, maintenance, and disposal to optimize the organization's budget.
- Identify potential risks associated with assets, such as theft, damage, or obsolescence, and develop strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Calculate and track the depreciation of assets over time in accordance with accounting standards.
- Dealing various matters regarding insurance of vehicles, building and Assets.
- Identify and supervise the purchase and installation of all project-equipment.
- To be familiar with and abide by the other NGO’s International procedures.
- Maintenance of hard record that includes field visits, meeting minutes, distribution record & other documentation of purchasing and assets handing /taking over.
- Ensure vendor /supplier’s screening prior to making any transaction
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents.
- Generate reports on asset utilization, depreciation, and other relevant metrics for management and financial reporting purposes.
- Close coordination with line manager for effective implementation of activities.
- Timely reporting and handling of maintenance and repair of all office equipment, building and furniture, fixtures, and vehicles.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers to negotiate favorable terms for asset purchases and maintenance contracts.
- Assess the current market value of assets, especially for financial reporting purposes.
- Collaborate with various departments within the organization, such as finance, IT, operations, and procurement, to ensure a coordinated approach to asset management
- Ensure compliance with IR’s policies & procedures in true spirit for effective delivery of services to communities.
- In-depth understanding of IR values and their demonstration in the field while working with communities.
- Abide by the IR zero-tolerance policy towards bribery & corruption through sensitization / empowerment of communities on coping mechanisms so that they can raise voice as & when feel inappropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of IR strategic priorities to ensure effective implementation with future sustainability.
- Assist in the identification & documentation of organizational successes for showcasing IR work
Participation and facilitation in the implementation of IR seasonal programs & emergency response.
Key Personal Qualities:
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
- Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
- Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrances in the achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IR is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IR engages. IR expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IR also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer.
To cater to the higher living cost, IR Pakistan is transferring the exchange gain (PKR-GBP) on salary to staff at a prevailing conversion rate till further notice. Salaries are paid in local currency.