- Review and understanding of programme documents (manual) as well as strategy document in detail for understanding project mandate / deliverables relevant to your role.
- Identification and assessment of new children by carrying out domestic visits to the orphan families for sponsorship
- Contribute in maintaining minimum 50 applications available online at any given time and 50 children to be ready for uploading (collectively).
- Responsible for signing agreement with sponsored orphan’s mother / guardian and maintain updated individual files as per policy.
- Minimum two visits should be carried out every year, one visit at home and the second visit can be carried out in gatherings and cluster meetings.
- Effective monitoring of the allocated families to ensure sponsorship amount is properly utilized to improve condition of Housing, Health, Education and Nutrition.
- Provide the sponsored children/families with psychosocial counselling as and when required.
- Organize guardians into groups and conduct their meetings during second round of field visits.
- Raise awareness amongst groups on policy and procedures, child and woman rights and protection issues
- Ensure availability of sponsored children bank account details for timely disbursement of sponsorship amount on quarterly basis through strong coordination and follow up with sponsored families and finance departments.
- Ensure that the allocated families receive sponsorship money in time and complaints are resolved in time.
- Maintenance of hard record that includes assessment record, legal documents, progress report forms, score cards, school progress report and other documentation.
- Coordinate with internal (Programme, Finance, SC and S, other departments) and external (government departments, clusters, other organization’s representatives working in assigned areas, community activists, guardian groups, child protection services providers and sponsored families) stakeholders on child and woman related matters.
- Facilitate in arrangement of IR Partner visits to project areas. Donor’s calls and meeting with sponsored families as per Policy.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences
Minimum experience of similar role in NGO setup:
6 months with Master degree and/or 1 year with Bachelor degree
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
Pahari, Hindko, Punjabi, Urdu, Pushto and English
Key Personal Qualities:
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
- Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
- Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrance in achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills
- Knowledge on Child / woman rights and protection issues
- Social Mobilization
- DRR / Resilience / Climate Change
- Advocacy and Campaigning
- GBV / Protection
- Health and Hygiene Promotion
- Monitoring and Accountability
- Gender mainstreaming
- Safeguarding and PSEA