- Develop in-depth understanding of project documents (project proposal) as well as business process / DIP for planning & implementation of hygiene promotion activities.
- Initial contacts & program introduction of the project in the targeted community
- Conduct broad-based community meetings (BBCM) / stakeholders workshop at the community level
- Conduct needs assessment / baseline / KAP surveys for data collection in the defined project areas
- Identification & prioritization of transect walk most pressing needs through assessment tools (PRA, FGDs, structured interviews,) etc.
- Arrange and conduct health & hygiene education in the community through group sessions
- Encourage community involvement & participation in health & hygiene promotion through social mobilization as well as campaigning (Solid waste management, Hand washing day, Clean Water, vector control, food hygiene, etc)
- Support & arrange health and hygiene-related mega-events at the target area, Tehsil, district, provincial and national level.
- Capacity building of communities on dealing with health & hygiene-related diseases (skin, waterborne, malaria, dengue, Covid-19 & communicable disease, etc) by using local resources.
- Ensure adherence to national & international level approaches to total sanitation (PATS, PHAST, CHAST, CLTS etc) guidelines during implementation in targeted areas.
- Capacity building of IR field-based staff regarding updated health and hygiene education.
- Assist in amendment of projected interventions based on changes in health and hygiene issues in the targeted areas.
- Responsible for conducting knowledge & practice assessment at the target community level both pre & post-intervention for impact reporting.
- Responsible for designing of hygiene sessions & IEC material as well as the development of manual & training module
- Assist IR team in responding to Humanitarian situations especially focusing on health-related hazards of the affected communities (e.g. Cholera outbreak, diarrhea, skin diseases and ensuring that the affected communities are using safe methods related to WASH during different phases of emergency
- Maintenance of hard a record that includes field visits reports, meeting minutes, beneficiary data, assessment record, distribution record & other documentation.
- Ensure appropriate beneficiary’s data collection & screening prior to making any transaction
- Ensure proper filling of forms & formats as per the desired standard
- Ensure availability of up to date info in MIS on regular basis with the consultation of MIS / M&E.
- Close coordination with line manager for effective implementation of project activities.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
Master Degree in Social Science
Minimum 06 months relevant experience with Master’s degree & 1-year experience with Bachelor degree
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
Punjabi, Urdu, Pushto, Hindko and English
Key Personal Qualities:
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
- Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
- Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers the information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrance in the achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills
- Advance level Social Mobilization
- PRA / RRA Tools
- DRR / Resilience / Climate Change
- Advocacy & Campaigning
- GBV / Protection
- Health & Hygiene Promotion
- Monitoring & Accountability
- Water, Health & Sanitation