- Assist staff in processing Job Requests and ensure availability of updated JDs showing essential and desired job competencies/skills.
- Ensure advertisement of approved positions through recruitment portal
- Ensure timely preparation for recruitment affairs i.e. telephonic screening, scheduling interviews, calling candidates, sharing of structure interview questionnaire with the panelist, conducting tests, and negotiate with recommended candidates etc.
- Participate in interviews up to Officer Level.
- Conduct reference & background checks, screening through IRW for selected candidates and ensure the implementation of Inter-Agency Misconduct Scheme.
- To ensure forms filling, documents collection, and inductions of new staff.
- Processing of staff final settlement, facilitate exit interviews and its record-keeping in personal files.
- Ensure comprehensive record-keeping for AJK based staff in-line with standard SOPs of the People & Culture Dept.
- Ensure availability of up to date employee personal files as well as their safety & confidentiality.
- To ensure the provision of payroll details from area to CO by 15th of each month.
- To ensure entry/exit of staff, arrears details, medical & other allowances, advance salaries deduction, leave without pay and EOBI deduction in master payroll sheet according to info received from field and availability of supporting documents in hard form.
- Prepare Timesheet summary for AJK based staff and share the approved documents with CO People & Culture department by 10th of each month.
- Check and process staff medical claims according to IRP medical policy by ensuring the availability of dependent’s supporting documents.
- Ensure record-keeping of processed medical claims in staff personal files and maintain payment records in the spreadsheet for monitoring purpose.
- Assist in issuance of multi-purpose letters e.g. contract extension, bank account opening, experience letters, etc.
- Ensure the availability of leave balances in the leave management system (LMS) as per contract tenure.
- To review and update HRMIS according to hard records available in personal files on a regular basis.
- Ensure registration of new joiners in HRMIS and their access to IR extranet.
- To ensure maintenance and monitoring of attendance system, entry/exit of new joiners/leavers on a regular basis.
- Assist the team leads in performance management and its documentation through probation reviews, mid-year & annual appraisal according to applicable standards/formats.
- Assist & advise corrective actions on need basis to address the performance gaps.
- Plan & execute capacity building interventions as per the needs highlighted in the annual appraisal.
- Enhance staff engagement through staff forum, building initiative, surveys, one to one meetings with staff through active employee relations.
- Advise APM & PMT/AMT members on how to deal with complex people-related matters within the domain of organizational policies and industry best practices.
- Arrange & lead the capacity building sessions on recruitment and other people & operations related policies/ topics for team leads and subordinates.
- Provide support for the development and implementation of policies.
- Ensure knowledge & implementation of local labor laws to mitigate the risk of litigation.
- Assist in audits through the provision of relevant data/information.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with Islamic values and principles as well as the commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide vision, mission, Safeguarding, PSEA, and core values.
Master / Bachelor degree in Management Sciences / related subjects
3 Years’ experience with Master &/or 6 years with a Bachelor degree
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
Urdu, English and local languages
Key Personal Qualities:
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
- Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
- Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive nature and is able to overcome issues that create hindrance in the achievement of entrusted goals/objectives.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills
- Very Good Knowledge of People Operations
- MS office (especially in MS Excel)
- Networking & self-confidence
- Excellent understanding of market practices, best management practices in Operations