- We are a UK Fitness Brand looking to expand our business in new territories.
- We expect European standards and attention to detail, we want a highly motivated individual who can learn quickly and is not afraid to adapt to new challenges.
- The candidate should not be afraid of challenges, to take initiative, to use logic and common sense to solve problems quickly and above all else, must be someone
- Who can work un-supervised and get on with the job at hand with minimal effort.
If you work with us you will grow with us, we want to mould the successful candidate into a management role.
You will learn a lot about how the European and Western consumer markets think and spend money, this is a truly remarkable opportunity,
To learn beyond what any school or university can teach, a real life opportunity to deal with customers from around the World and to provide them with a World class level of service.
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Use test driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
PHP Developer requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a PHP Developer for (x) year(s)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar relevant field
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Hands on Angular, couchDB and/or MongoDB
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL
- Experience with building restful JSON web services
- Knowledge of API's, such as twitter, Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, etc.
- Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap