Duration of Assignment: 3 months (with possibility of an additional 3 month extension)
Reporting Line: Country Management Team
BACKGROUND: As part of national effort to upgrade the NGO’s information technology capability, the Pakistan country office will implement a few changes to improve user experience, availability of systems and reduce cost. These changes will include evaluation of existing IT services such as desktops, networks, security and file sharing with a goal of service improvement and increased collaboration. There will be a need for a local IT support as part of these changes.
SCOPE OF WORK:
1. Assist in the management of office IT equipment and determine any equipment requiring replacement or repositioning.
2. Undertake asset management of all related IT systems and devices. This includes licenses, passwords, mobile Wi-Fi devices, phones, laptops etc.
3. Liaise with any relevant service providers to perform network cabling and Internet provision requirements. Liaise with the ISP, to confirm bandwidth availability and troubleshoot any issues.
4. Support all users connected to the local network.
5. Manage and support users on the wireless network. Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
6. Test the power stability of the network to determine stability and efficiency
7. Manage existing IP telephony within the office.
8. Setup network printers/scanners and give users access to these services.
9. Continuously monitor the LAN, Internet and WAN (where applicable) ensuring users have access and are able to meet their objectives using ICT
10. Address any connectivity incidences reported by users through Pakistan management team and escalate to the global support when required.
11. Implement NGO's standard server threat management software to protect servers from viruses, malware and data exfiltration.
12. Ensure all end-user devices accessing network have up to date anti-virus software;
13. Ensure end user devices are automated to scan on a weekly basis if AV managed locally
14. Support Pakistan staff with IT queries as they may arise. This may include setting up laptops, installing approved desktop software, and supporting conferencing via WebEx.
15. Assist in the documentation and review of recurring IT costs and IT vendors.
16. Make any recommendations based on your knowledge of the local context, vendor performance and possible areas for negotiation.
17. Normal working hours will be 8:30am to 5:30pm while flexibility to provide remote support out of these business hours may be required from time to time to troubleshoot any issues in time.
§ Receive visitor, informing the appropriate person and guiding or directing to the office of the person expecting the visitor; ensure visitors gets formal and proper dealing.
§ Receive telephone calls;
§ Operate office equipment such as photocopies, fax machine, computer/laptops and make sure they are in order and clean;
§ Send and receives e-mails and faxes and direct the same to the right person or department;
§ File correspondence and other records;
§ Receive and processe incoming and outgoing mail;
§ Type letters, memos, minutes, reports, etc using computer and proof read them;
§ Organize material for workshop and trainings;
§ Ensure that the necessary stationary is available in sufficient quantity;
§ Attend and take minutes of meetings, both in the office and at other locations as the case requires.
§ Maintain the Administration department filling system and incoming/outgoing correspondence record keeping.
§ Ensure that outgoing courier and letters are numbered and file their copies.
§ Ensure the reception area of the office is in order and clean.
§ Provide support in hotels and guest house booking for lodging of the visitors.
§ Support the Property manager in the processing of the utility and telephone bills, confirming the meter reading with the bills from time to time and in tracking and billing visitors.
§ Support the Property manager in the office maintenance work identification, requests, related documentation, processing of the bills and related property management functions.
§ Process the courier bills.
Petty Cash Handling:
§ Maintain petty cash, petty cash register book and make disbursement against written orders or authorizations;
§ Obtain receipts and reconcile cash balance with records. Clear all advances taken by staff and update all records on file;
§ Request for the replenishment of petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
§ Ensure compliance to the petty cash policy guidelines.
Resource Mobilization Assistance:
§ Make and record appointments
§ Give secretarial support when there is conference and workshops
§ Upkeep staff and visitors, including other provided contact’s list
§ Assist in scheduling appointments with donor
§ Assist in event management.
§ Keep track of visitors and meetings planned
§ Coordinate for appointments and follow up on the confirmation of the meetings and events
Perform other incidental duties as assigned.
Education and Skills
· Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as IT, or Computer Science.
· Hardware and network certifications e.g. CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CCNA, ITIL
· 3-5 years of demonstrative experience in ICT operations.
· Experience in monitoring and supporting LAN/WAN networks, desktops and IP telephony
· Experience in supporting end users with IT related queries
· Experience in deploying antivirus solutions in a centralized environment
· Experience in monitoring network security
· Experience in monitoring Internet stability using network tools
· Experience in working with 3rd party vendors and suppliers
· Experience in deploying network printers
· Experience working with people from multi-cultural backgrounds
· Honest and of high integrity
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player, Collaboration, Problem solving, Commitment to Gender and Diversity
Work will be based at the Pakistan office in Islamabad and may require ad-hoc trips to field locations throughout Pakistan.