iVolve Technologies seeking young cloud engineers having minimum 3 years experience in Pakistan (Karachi) for public cloud environments of our managed services clients. We offer global operational capabilities with 24/7 support for our international clients while our engineers provide fanatical customer support from on-boarding Customers to routine operations through daily support on reported incidents.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to
Setting up and ongoing support of our managed services customers while work domain will not be limited to the single cloud environment so expect more challenges through with cross platform/cloud environments migration to complex infrastructure design and deployment.
Main responsibilities are:
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and consistently meet project deadlines
- Provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Administering the cloud environments (Prod & Dev) so experienced in Cloud Computing specially Amazon EC2 will be given preference.
- Experience/knowledge on virtualization environments as well as Knowledge of working on Cloud platforms and remote administration of servers would be a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks and to coordinate activities with a high sense of urgency.
- Work closely with the software developers and product management teams to deploy/manage and optimize scalable software services on public cloud environments.
- Provide system analysis and recommend solutions for environment performance and availability needs.
- Monitor/troubleshoot alerts all reported incidents and problems proactively.
- Capture/update incident management systems for all reported issues and their follow-ups to respective clients till its closure.
- Ensure systems and cloud infrastructure performance, uptime and support levels meet/exceeds OLAs/SLAs.
The candidate is mostly required to work in night shift to match US time zone.
- Foremost AWS Certification is a must!
- Fast learner/achiever, sets high personal goals!
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on public cloud environments preferable AWS.
- Equally demonstrable System Admin Experience in Linux (Debian, RedHat) & Wintel (Windows 2008/2012/2016) or hybrid environments.
- Extremely responsible - it’s customer facing role and the candidate will take care of customers operations, so an extremely reliable and trustful person is a must.
- Analytical/problem solving ability with good knowledge/experience of virtualization technologies.
- User experience/Understanding of well known databases namely MySQL/NoSQL/MSSQL etc
- Internetworking technologies (switches, routers, SDN) with LAN & WAN knowledge is necessary. Internet security area will be a plus.
- Good communication skills across organizational levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate level or equivalent
Nice to have
- Experience with private and public clouds (Openstack/AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Knowledge/experience with versioning and Configuration Management tools (git/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Knowledge/experience with Web application servers and frameworks i.e. IIS/DotNet/Tomcat/Django/Flask/NodeJS… etc
- Knowledge/experience in supporting web application environments
- Knowledge/experience with Docker
- Knowledge/experience working in Agile environment
- Knowledge/experience of automation capabilities.
- Knowledge/experience of ITIL compliance/training
Physical demands & supervision
General office environment, may require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times.
This role operates under moderate supervision while supervision will be given during early stages so nice to have if one can operate and take right decisions independently as and when needed.