Creative directors are the creative leads at advertising and marketing companies, working with designers, artists, copywriters, sales teams and marketers to create a vision for products sold. Creative directors plan advertising, oversee the creative process and give guidance to the creative people that work under them. They approve all work created by their staff and often work directly with clients to present that work.
Creative directors also follow the latest trends in design, advertising and marketing, help attract clients, and hire creative staff.
Our company is driven to find the next big thing, and we’re hoping that can include you, as our newest creative director. Leading a team of thinkers and doers, the right creative director will bring a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients. We’re looking for an experienced manager of people, someone that can inspire others, taking our creative to a new level as we continue to grow. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
Objectives of this Role
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales departments in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities
- Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
- Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables
Skills and Qualifications
- 10 years of related experience with 7+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- Years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives