Last Date to Apply: 18th October 2018
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 55 million customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Attend and graduate from our company-wide on boarding process along with a detailed orientation program where you will learn about Jazz’s core values, business, and products
· Meet the relevant stakeholders concerning the Corporate Affairs team
· Develop understanding of your division, function, its structure, and your role within the team
· Develop understanding of PTA rules and regulations
· Develop understanding of organization’s policies & SOP’s, directions/guidelines and Business Code of Conducts
· Proactively resolves all complaints received from PTA and ascertains compliance with the PTA rules and regulations that govern Jazz.
· Get to know your internal and external relevant stakeholders e.g. Right of Way (ROW) and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA’s)
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Recommend ways to ascertain maximum consummation of NOC’s
· Recommend ways in consultation with PTA and Business Code of Conducts that no actions are performed that will hinder the performance of JAZZ
· Provide work orders and NOC’s to relevant stakeholders
· Provide support to internal stakeholders with regards to managing corporate affairs and government relations of Azad Jammu Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan & Islamabad.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Manage and resolve government related policy issues towards Jazz
· Follow stakeholder management matrix to engage relevant stakeholders i.e. bureaucracy, military and politicians
· Act as a point of contact for commercial and other relevant departments for the resolution of all Government related activities
A Bit About You:
We are looking for someone who has delivered on challenging projects and has taken end to end responsibility from planning to roll out of initiatives within Corporate Affairs division.
A Bit About Us:
The Corporate Affairs team is part of the Corporate & Economic Affairs Department within the Corporate & Regulatory Division. The team is responsible for managing Government Relations portfolio at Jazz.
To collaborate and produce effective business results, the role requires
The ability to build strong relationships with External Teams:
· Government Authorities: Negotiate regarding telecommunication laws and tariffs imposed on Jazz. Assure that Jazz is in compliance with the rules and regulations that govern the telecom industry in Pakistan.
· Negotiate on payment/submission of processing fees. Provide assurance regarding timely payment of processing fees and request for reactivation of blocked towers. Communicate/meet periodically to develop close interpersonal relationships with external Stakeholders.
· Proactively deal with issues arising in all Right of Ways like Cantonments, CDA, DHA, TMA, Local Administration etc. for ICT, GB & AJK.
· Regularly meet with LEA's with respect to ICT, GB & AJK.
The ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams:
· Logistics: Provide insight on governmental perspective and legalities governing Jazz. Seek approvals for BTS towers and validate timely payment to vendors/suppliers. Liaise on the effective implementation of B2G projects and provide clarifications on relevant queries of same.
· Commercial: Close liaison with Regional business North teams for smooth operation in North region.
· Technology: Technology team in North region are supported in their operation on regular basis as well as technical logistic is supported in all Government/Military setups in getting required approvals for their execution.
· Administration & Finance: Arrange meetings & lobbing with Govt. authorities for JAZZ teams and later made follow-ups on required meeting agendas with concern officials. Handle queries related to administration with external stakeholders.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· An 8 (eight) member team (including the department head) with 3 sub teams
· You will be part of a 3-member sub-team reporting to Manager C &RA
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Focus on internal & external customer satisfaction and ensure attainment of all operational objectives/KPI’s
· Ensure that no actions are performed that will hinder the performance of C&RA Division
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
· Restoration of 22 blocked sites in FATA Region
· Clearance of North & South Waziristan region to launch JAZZ coverage
The three (03) must have past experiences the candidate should have.
· Extensive knowledge of Risk Mitigation Management
· Good knowledge of Telecom Operating SOP’s
· In depth knowledge of Corporate Affairs Policies and Procedures
The must have technology the candidate should have.
· MS Office
Essential skills must have:
· 4 to 5 years of experience in Government Relations and Corporate Affairs
· Bachelors in Political Science/Public Administration/Humanities
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Business Acumen
· Proactive & self-driven
· Possess good negotiation skills
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...Read More