Last date to apply: 3rd February 2020
As one of the top employers in the country, Jazz has a set of very strong organizational values, it expects its employees to build a unique culture, a flourishing lifestyle and continuous learning and development. The values all Jazz employees exhibit and expected to practice are being entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, customer obsessed and truthful.
Our team & you
We’re a world-class organization and have assembled the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success and to continue and change the lives of our 59+ million customers.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
- Attend our company-wide on boarding process along with detailed orientation program where you will learn Jazz’s values, business, and products.
- Meet with the Commercial team to understand the strategy of the function in line with Organization strategy and company road map.
- Meet internal stakeholders within the business including Commercial, Technology, Business Service division and Compliance and within Finance including Sourcing and Supply Chain Management, and Service Delivery teams.
- Meet the consultant and teams working on Process Redesign and ERP changes within Finance.
- Ensure that you ensure achieving JAZZ and VEON’s objective of efficiency and effectiveness and compliances with laws, regulations and policies through effectively designed controls.
- Verify that the control environment is maintained at the optimal level ensuring minimal fraud and safeguarding the company’s resources.
- You will be responsible for testing and reporting of all JAZZ controls as well as controls performed by the Service Delivery Team for HQ outsourced financial activities.
-Within 60 days, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the VEON Group controls testing and reporting tools, BWISE and EY reporting tool for CCF and develop a working understanding of it.
- Update BWISE with the outcome of the latest testing of controls performed at JAZZ covering all relevant processes and business stakeholders.
- Complete annual scoping exercise of SOX controls with Auditors and Group and provide support in rolling out plan for annual testing.
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
- Develop an annual testing plan for SOX and other non-key controls for JAZZ in light of Group reporting requirements.
- Conduct 3 annual Management Self-Assessment Testing of controls as mandated by the Group. Document the outcome including archiving of the testing results. Develop a remedial plan for any delinquency and implement it with stakeholders alignment.
- Lead and coordinate annual scoping and testing of SOX controls with PwC/financial auditor.
- Develop remedial plan for delinquency in SOX control execution if discovered during testing, and ensure implementation post stakeholder alignment.
- Verify complete compliance with the key control framework and relevant JAZZ policies and identifying opportunities for improvement where needed.
- Support the Accounts and finance team in digital initiatives including data analytics and robotics to improve efficiency while ensuring optimal control environment.
What we have done and what we will do with YOU?
JAZZ has one of the most innovative Finance function in the country which operates in a dynamic challenging environment. JAZZ has implemented SOX controls in the company while it also relies on baseline benchmarking by VEON Group. As an OpCo it has one of the lowest deficiency/delinquency ratios in the VEON Group. The Specialist Internal Control is expected to work with this high standard and act as a business partner to ensure that the control environment remains optimal through periodic testing of the policy framework and the outcome of the testing is reported in Group mandated software. He/ She is expected to test the controls for both JAZZ as well as HQ financial operations managed by the Service Delivery team.
A bit about you:
- We are looking for someone who has prior experience of designing, monitoring, testing Internal Controls either as an auditor or as part of the industry role.
- The applicant should have a sound understanding of ICRM functional requirements and an understanding of its linkage with other finance functions.
- Exposure to SOX Regulations and related controls is a must.
- The applicant must also have exposure to ERP solutions like Oracle or SAP. He/ She must have a functional understanding of the controls embedded in these ERPs.
- We expect excellent communication skills and ability to work in collaborative environment and manage stakeholders.
- A highest level of integrity and ethics is a must in a successful candidate.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 06 member team (including the department head) with 02 sub teams.
· You will be part of a 03 member sub-team reporting to the Internal Controls Testing & Reporting Expert.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· 100% SOX and CCF compliance
· End to end management of Internal Controls
With which other stakeholders the successful candidate will work with functional/regional/ within the team. What would be the result of those interactions if we assume 100% collaboration?
Ability to build strong relationships with External Teams: External Auditors and Consultants
Ability to build strong relationships with Internal Teams: Compliance, CRA, Procurement, Technology, Business Assurance, P&O and FP&A
The three (03) must have past experiences the best candidate should have.
Internal Control Design Review
Internal Control Testing & Reporting
One must have technology the candidate should have.
Essential skills must have:
· Analytical & Problem Solving Abilities
· Presentation Skills
· Stakeholder Management
· Project Management
· Pressure Handling
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...
Jazz is Pakistan's leading telecom service provider, spearheading service excellence and product innovation in the country. With a subscriber base above 50 million and a legacy of more than 20 years, Jazz maintains market leadership through cutting-edge, integrated technology, the strongest brand ...Read More