Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries.
- Drive official vehicle for transportation of authorized persons, whenever and wherever required in defined Province/district. Strictly observe traffic rules, regulations and laid down speed limits by Jhpiego’s transport section. To demonstrate exemplary driving practice.
- To log all trips, daily mileage, and petrol consumption and keep the logbook up-to-date.
- To Pick/ drop visitors/guests/staff at airport(s) and then drive them to respective residence/ hotel/ guest house/ venue etc.
- Check the electrical/ mechanical condition of assigned vehicle on daily basis, undertake minor repairs and report immediately the major repairs/ fault Senior Transport & Fleet Coordinator for further repair / maintenance from recognized vendor (s).
- Wash & clean his vehicle on daily/periodic bases and ensure timely service of the vehicle as and when necessary.
- To immediately report incident/accidents involving the assigned vehicle in accordance with Jhpiego’s policy on this subject and as per local traffic laws.
- To immediately inform Transport Coordinator about any fault or unusual noise related to vehicle
- To manage and properly park vehicle at safe place during trips/visits to other locations
- To be responsible for fueling/ refueling of the assigned vehicle as per laid down procedures/ policies/ rules etc.
- Coordination with Transport/admin department to report daily logbook and mileage report
- Perform any other task assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Matric / High School education from a recognized institute / board.
- Minimum of 5 year’s driving experience with an International NGO / UN Agency and/or Donor Organization.
- A valid HTV/ LTV License with a clean driving record with no accident report.
- Ability to read and speak Urdu, Pashtu, Hindko and good understanding of English
- The ability to drive 4x4 in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to operate smartphone and google maps
- Ability to maintain log book & other vehicle related documents.
- Must bear good moral & character values.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHPIEGO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer