Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries. In Pakistan, Jhpiego will be working with guidance and support from Global USAID funded Maternal and Child Health Survival Program, on “Accelerating Family Planning in Pakistan” (AFPP) to quickly accelerate the achievement of Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) objectives in Pakistan. This is a one year project and will be working in three provinces of Pakistan- Sindh, Punjab, and Balochistan.
The program assistant will provide programmatic and administrative support to the upcoming AFPP project in Karachi, Quetta & Lahore Pakistan.
- Coordinate and support program, financial, contractual, monitoring, and administrative functions such that activities are implemented according to plans and in a timely fashion
- Assist program and administrative staff and consultants to produce letters, documents, reports and presentations and materials for distribution (including word processing, computer graphics, layout, photocopying, etc.)
- Assist in maintenance of office filing systems
- Organize and coordinate meetings and workshops (including preparation of meeting and workshop materials), both on-site and off-site
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for staff and consultants for workshops and meetings.
- Coordinate travel by office staff, including preparation of travel authorization requests and arrangement of logistics
- Coordinate in preparing local consultants’ scopes of work and task orders under short or long-term consultant agreements, including in-country travel arrangements for the consultants.
- Coordinate with the finance team to manage consultants’ contracts.
- Prepare for trips for regional or international staff by making appropriate appointments and collecting any necessary information.
- Coordinate and ensure trip reports are on file and conform to project standard trip report format.
- Maintain a roster of expected trip reports and follow up with individuals to ensure trip reports are received within agreed deadlines.
- Ensure distribution of trip reports to appropriate project- Services staff and stakeholders.
- Actively participate and assist technical unit and other technical staff in drafting and finalizing annual workplans, quarterly implementation plans and budgets, whenever necessary.
- Work closely with finance staff in developing and monitoring component budgets for technical unit.
- Coordinate with Technical Officer and finance team on disbursement needs of unit based on annual workplans and activity schedules.
- Keep technical unit and team leader abreast of program activities and issues.
- Assist Technical Officer and other technical staff in drafting, finalizing and updating program activity reports.
- Maintain decentralized files for the various activities under assigned technical unit
- Collate all transportation needs of technical staff and various activities in the technical unit and inform Finance Assistant on regular basis to ensure a comprehensive plan of transportation schedule for the office
- Provide administrative assistance during technical unit meetings and workshops
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure the smooth functioning of the office and the achievement of project goals.
- A diploma or certificate in Secretarial studies; A diploma or certificate in administration from a reputable institution will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience of increasing responsible positions with administration and office management with an international organization
- This job requires a broad variety of administrative, financial, and computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power point
- Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability), as well as the ability to project a professional, consistent image. (Both internal and external clients must see the Program Assistant as a person of competence and high integrity, and trust his/ her capability and sense of confidentiality).
- Ability to work independently (proactive and with a good sense of initiative)
- Proficiency in a broad variety of administrative, financial, and computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other Microsoft office applications
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work well with colleagues and meet deadlines with minimal supervision in multi- cultural environment
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Willingness to work on a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work long hours where there is need
- The contract duration will be of 1 year
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer