Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries. In Pakistan, Jhpiego is working with guidance and support from Global USAID funded Maternal and Child Health Survival Program, on “Accelerating Family Planning in Pakistan” (AFPP) to quickly accelerate the achievement of Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) objectives in Pakistan.
The program assistant will provide programmatic and administrative support to the upcoming AFPP project in Quetta, Pakistan.
- Coordinate and support program, financial, contractual, monitoring, and administrative functions such that activities are implemented according to plans and in a timely fashion.
- Assist program and administrative staff and consultants to produce letters, documents, reports and presentations and materials for distribution (including word processing, computer graphics, layout, photocopying, etc.).
- Assist in maintenance of office filing systems.
- Organize and coordinate meetings and workshops (including preparation of meeting and workshop materials), both on-site and off-site.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for staff and consultants for workshops and meetings.
- Coordinate travel by office staff, including preparation of travel authorization requests and arrangement of logistics.
- Coordinate in preparing local consultants’ scopes of work and task orders under short or long-term consultant agreements, including in-country travel arrangements for the consultants.
- Coordinate and ensure trip reports are on file and conform to project standard trip report format.
- Maintain a roster of expected trip reports and follow up with individuals to ensure trip reports are received within agreed deadlines.
- Ensure distribution of trip reports to appropriate project- Services staff and stakeholders.
- Actively participate and assist technical unit and other technical staff in drafting and finalizing annual workplans, quarterly. implementation plans and budgets, whenever necessary.
- Work closely with finance staff in developing and monitoring component budgets for technical unit.
- Coordinate with Technical Officer and finance team on disbursement needs of unit based on annual workplans and activity schedules.
- Keep technical unit and team leader abreast of program activities and issues.
- Assist Technical Officer and other technical staff in drafting, finalizing and updating program activity reports.
- Maintain decentralized files for the various activities under assigned technical unit.
- Provide administrative assistance during technical unit meetings and workshops.
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure the smooth functioning of the office and the achievement of project goals.
- Minimum qualification Bachelors in Business Administration.
- A diploma or certificate in administration or secretarial studies from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience of increasing responsible positions with administration and office management with an international organization.
- This job requires a broad variety of administrative, financial, and computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power point.
- Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability), as well as the ability to project a professional, consistent image.
- Ability to work independently (proactive and with a good sense of initiative).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook.
- Ability to work well with colleagues and meet deadlines with minimal supervision in multi- cultural environment.
- Willingness to work on a wide range of tasks.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer