Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is implementing USAID funded Maternal and Child Health Survival Program (MCSP) AFPP program to accelerate family planning programs in Sindh, Punjab and Balochistan provinces in Pakistan. Jhpiego seeks suitable candidates for the following position based in Islamabad.
Jhpiego Pakistan office requires to hire services of a Public health Specialist in the capacity of Program Manager to support implementation and management of ongoing projects and contributing in expansion of Jhpiego profile in Pakistan. It is expected that the position will contribute to multiple projects.
- Actively contribute in developing work plans along with project teams
- Overseeing implementation of work plans in provinces, identifying delays and informing project directors/ supervisors
- If required, participate in federal/provincial meetings for negotiating and briefing stakeholders, including technical working group and government officials
- Contribute in developing risk mitigation plans along with teams for smooth implementation of projects
- Contributing in all technical documents including training material of projects
- Contribute in design and implementation of technical meetings along with project teams
- Work closely with project lead in identifying and mobilizing stakeholders at federal and provincial levels
- Actively participate in collecting data, take lead in analyzing data and drafting reports for landscape analysis,
- Actively participate in developing project reports
- Contribute in designing and implementing project dissemination, including development of project briefs, presentations and handouts
- Contribute in developing proposals in response to any upcoming requests for proposals
- Represent Jhpiego at various fora, as assigned by the supervisor
- Contribute in design, planning, implementation and management of any other upcoming projects
- Accomplishing any other relevant task/ assignment.
- MBBS/MD with at least post graduate qualification in public health
- Having 8-10 years of experience in developing and implementing public health projects
- Thorough understanding of health systems of Pakistan , and administrative roles of federal and provincial levels
- Proven experience of developing professional documents including reports, project briefs, training manuals and other technical material
- Experience of conducting literature research, developing project proposals and guiding development of project budgets
- Proven experience in developing quantitative and qualitative tools, developing databases, managing and analyzing data; presenting data in user friendly manner
- Proven experience of developing and presenting technical presentations to senior government officials and development partners
- Linkages with development partners and government officials specifically in Health and Population Welfare will be an asset
- The incumbent is expected to be a team player, both as member and lead, with proven experience of supervising and mentoring teams
- This position requires travelling up to 50%.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer