Jhpiego an affiliate of John Hopkins a non-profit international organization working in Islamabad & Karachi. Jhpiego Pakistan received five years funding from USAID under Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program, Jhpiego is supporting the implementation of a project to strengthen maternal, newborn, and child health services, especially focused in Sindh Provinces. In Sindh, the project is working closely with the provincial health department and other stakeholders mainly to improve maternal and child health statuses in the province.
The Safety & Security Assistant will oversee the safety & security aspect of Jhpiego particularly at Karachi office & to some extent in field areas of MNCH. S/he will ensures to implement organizational Security Protocols in Karachi office aimed at minimizing potential risks to all staff, visitors, guests & STTA etc and will ensure their requisite safety/ security, within the Karachi office & other AOR. Specific responsibilities will include:-
- Ensure application of the Security and Safety Management Plan at Jhpiego/ IPs field Offices’ in close consultation of Safety & Security Manager.
- Maintaining liaison/coordination with Safety & Security Manager with a view to ensure implementation of safety & security policies/procedures.
- Ensuring that all staff members are well aware and compliant to Jhpiego’s safety and security protocols.
- S/he will monitor the travel tracks of all Karachi based staff members in particular & related field based staff in general.
- Physical provisions of field security cover to national and international staff on required basis or under dire circumstances.
- S/ he will manage security guards, who will be then deployed at office premises.
- S/he will ensure serviceability/ monitoring of all Safety & Security equipment deployed at various points in Karachi offices, but in close coordination of related departments.
- Assisting in the acquisition of all necessary requirements regarding Public Relations/ Government /Pakistan Army etc. for obtaining travel NOCs from GOP/Pakistan Army and different related agencies.
- Maintaining an updated internal security communication tree which will then be practiced once in every two months.
- S/he will prepare and implement Emergency Evacuation Plan(s) for Karachi team.
- In the absence of Safety & Security Manager, S/he will take care of safety & security protocols.
- Any other task assigned by Safety & Security Manager.
Require Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of experience in field of Safety & Security.
- Bachelor/ Graduate Degree in relevant or other subject.
- Working experience with an International NGO or Institution will be preferred.
- Experience in conduct of training and capacity building for team member.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, other database/mapping systems.
- Willingness to travel as & when required.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, Urdu and Sindh.
- The contract duration is 1 year.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.