Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. In partnership with health experts, governments and community leaders, we provide high-quality health care for the people and designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families.
The Senior Manager Technical will provide technical support in implementing service delivery component/interventions of Integrated Health System Strengthening and Service Delivery (IHSS/SD) activity in KP province. He/ She will provide managerial and technical oversight and guidance to the service delivery of IHSS/SD Project on MNCH/FP nutrition, quality improvement and infectious diseases related areas and will work closely with Senior Technical Advisor; who would be responsible for the overall strategic direction and technical oversight for the service delivery component of the project.
- Lead in planning, designing and implementation of service delivery related interventions both at provincial and district level as per workplan and activity matrix
- Review and update all technical material and resources to be used in the program activities to ensure technical content are updated in training materials and is delivered in a quality manner
- Supervise and support technical team members in technical resource development, adaptation and implementation of quality improvement, training and capacity development activities related to MNCH/FP nutrition and infectious diseases
- Provide management and oversight for assigned technical staff, ensuring that technical approaches are translated into work plan and activity level implementation.
- Closely coordinate and work with Department of Health and Population Welfare Department of KP Province for smooth implementation of SD activities.
- Provide technical oversight and ensure appropriate support and preparation for training and quality improvement activities.
- Preparation of quarterly and monthly progress reports and assume primary responsibility for writing sound and strategic annual work plans
- Cultivate strategic relationships at provincial level between Jhpiego, IHSS partners, government ministries, development partners and other stakeholders for the smooth implementation of project activities.
- Frequent travel for technical and programmatic support within the intervention districts
- Communicate actively and regularly with Jhpiego technical staff who work in support of projects in the country and consult them on technical, programmatic issues and operational matters
- Medical graduate with Masters in Public Health or equivalent
- Ten and more years of mid- to senior-level experience designing and implementing field-based programs focused on MNCH and/ or Family Planning /Reproductive Health ; capacity building; and service delivery improvement
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in individuals and institutions in the areas of MNCH-FP/RH and performance and quality improvement
- Excellent facilitation, team building and coordination skills
- Strong clinical background and experience of managing clinical training programs.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills in English
- Outstanding project management and technical skills demonstrated through strong management and technical experience in donor-funded initiatives; management experience with USG-funded projects is an added advantage
- A strong understanding of the health and population welfare department systems preferably in KP province
- This position requires travelling up to 60%
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.