The Maternal and Child Survival Program(MCSP) is a global, USAID Cooperative Agreement to introduce and support high-impact health interventions with a focus on ensuring that all women, newborns and children most in need have equitable access to quality health care services to save lives deaths within a generation. In Pakistan MCSP will be working on Accelerating Family Planning in Pakistan (AFPP) to quickly accelerate the achievement of: 1) Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) objectives in Pakistan and 2) USAID/Pakistan’s Ending Preventable Maternal and Child Deaths (EPCMD) objectives in the area of Family Planning (FP). MCSP/AFPP is a one-year project and will be working in three provinces of Pakistan- Sindh, Punjab, and Balochistan.
The Technical Advisor will provide technical support in the areas of implementing high quality family planning program leading to improved quality of FP services and thus increased number of FP users in the selected provinces.The Selected Candidate will provide managerial and technical oversight and guidance to the AFPP Services Project in Pakistan through working closely with the Project Director, who is responsible for the overall strategic direction and technical oversight for the project in Pakistan; and the project implementation teams to ensure that project resources are applied appropriately. Responsibilities include providing leadership and technical guidance in the development and implementation of AFPP activities over the life of the project (1 Year). Particularly focused on delivering high quality FP training programs their follow up through supportive supervision and ensuring the timely, high-quality implementation and reporting of project activities.
- Mentor and support technical team members and provide management and oversight for all technical staff, ensuring that technical approaches are translated into work plan and activity level implementation.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership and set priorities for the project.
- Ensure that project activities are technically sound, evidence-based, and responsive to the needs of the country, its people, and the donor. Support the technical team in translating technical approaches to activities and results.
- Guide the process of and participate actively in technical and strategic support to the Ministry of Health and PWD of Pakistan.
- Provide technical and program oversight to trainings and provide technical assistance and mentoring as required.
- Identify and disseminate best practices and new technical strategies and approaches in areas of expertise.
- Provide technical oversight and ensure appropriate support and preparation for training activities.
- Assume primary responsibility for writing sound and strategic annual work plans, and ensuring timely progress against those work plans.
- Oversee the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Cultivate strategic relationships between Jhpiego, its partners, donors, private sector entities, government ministries and other stakeholders for the smooth implementation of project activities.
- Frequent travel for technical and programmatic support within the three provinces of Pakistan.
- Communicate actively and regularly with Jhpiego technical staff who work in support of projects in the country and consult them on technical, programmatic issues.
- MD/MBBS with MPH or equivalent.
- Experience/Training in Gyne/Obstetric will be preffered
- Outstanding project management and technical skills demonstrated through strong management and technical experience in donor-funded initiatives; management experience with USG-funded projects is an added advantage.
- Five to seven years of mid- to senior-level experience designing and implementing field-based programs focused on Family Planning /Reproductive Health; capacity building; and service delivery improvement.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in individuals and institutions in the areas FP/RH and performance and quality improvement.
- A strong understanding of the health and population welfare department systems.
- Excellent facilitation, team building and coordination skills
- Strong clinical background and experience of managing clinical training programs.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Pakistan nationals strongly encouraged.
- This position requires travelling upto 60%.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is a equal opportunity employer.