We are looking for a Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
What does a Receptionist do?
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position.
· Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
· Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls
· Receiving and sorting daily mail
· Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
· Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
· Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
· Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
· Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
· Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
· Update calendars and schedule meetings
· Keep updated records of office
Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing